X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insanity MMORPG Character Simulator

QUICK UPDATE OF FEBRUARY 21ST
    -
    FIXED NASSEN 500HP BONUS (I MISTAKENLY CHANGED TO 480HP)
    -

NEW VERSION OF FEBRUARY 17TH 2024:
    -
    v1.5

-
    Added Reset Equips (resets everything but awakenings) and Awakenings (resets only awakenings) to the main window
    -
    Added Clear Results to the results window
    -
    Added some protection to the Equipment and Prems tab, avoiding the selection of impossible items or prems combinations
    -
    Added a missing Fashion Combo.
    WELCOME TO THE
    INSANITY MMORPG CHARACTER SIMULATOR GUIDE
    .INTRO:

Spoiler: 
    AFTER YEARS OF DEVELOPING SPREADSHEETS TO CALCULATE ATTACK MULTIPLIERS, HP, AWAKENING PROBABILITIES AND SO ON, I'VE FINALLY DECIDED TO LEARN SOME PROGRAMMING TO STEP UP ON CHARACTER OPTIMIZATION. AFTER A MONTH OR SO OF WORK, I THINK I HAVE SOMETHING USEFUL ENOUGH TO SHARE.

YOU, READING THIS, MIGHT BE ASKING YOURSELF: "WHY DO I NEED THIS? I ALREADY KNOW THAT THE BEST COMBINATION FOR X CLASS IS Y ATK%, Z PVE% AND W ADOCH% AWAKES!". WELL, YOU MOST LIKELY ARE TOTALLY WRONG.

EVERY EQUIPMENT COMBINATION (WEAPON, SET, JEWELRY, CS, PET, BEADS, PREMS, AWAKENING VALUES) HAS A DIFFERENT OPTIMAL BUILD. IF YOU TESTED YOUR CHARACTER WITH FULL ENDGAME GEAR, THE RESULTS MIGHT NOT BE THE BEST FOR A MID-GAME TIER CHARACTER. ALSO, TESTING A MELEE CLASS IS NOT AS SIMPLE AS YOU MIGHT THINK, AS CRITICAL, WRATH AND MANY OTHER THINGS CAN (AND IN MOST CASES WILL) MASK YOUR RESULTS.

THE TOOL I'M RELEASING HERE WILL ALLOW YOU TO KNOW, FOR ANY COMBINATION OF EQUIPMENT, THE BEST RATIO OF AWAKENINGS OR WHATEVER YOU WANT. IN UNDER 5 MINUTES.

STOP LISTENING TO OTHERS, USE THIS PROGRAM CAREFULLY, CONSIDER YOUR BUDGET, THE CHARACTER YOU AIM TO OBTAIN AND I'M SURE YOU'LL BE STRONGER THAN ANYONE THAT FOLLOWS "POPULAR SAYINGS".
    PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT I'LL KEEP UPDATING IT ADDING NEW FEATURES.

FEATURES:

Spoiler: 
    • SIMULATE ANY CLASS REGARDING STATS, EQUIPMENT, AWAKENINGS, RARITIES, PETS AND SO ON!
    • CONSIDERS BOTH PVE AND PVP STATS.
      • FORCEMASTERS ALSO GET ASAL CALCULATION.
      • ARCANISTS, MENTALISTS AND SERAPHS HAVE CALCULATIONS FOR THEIR TWO MAIN SKILLS.
    • FULL SUPPORT FOR HP BUILD SIMULATIONS.
    • EXTERNAL DATABASE:
      • EDIT/ADD/REMOVE ITEMS AS YOU PLEASE.
      • YOU CAN UPDATE THE DATABASE RIGHT AFTER ANY BALANCE CHANGES OR NEW ITEMS.
      • MAKE YOUR OWN COMBOS (JEWELRY/FASHION/BUFFS/BEADS/ETC) AND SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
    • SAVE AND LOAD YOUR BUILDS!
      • GIVE A NAME TO YOUR BUILD AND SAVE IT IN TWO .TXT FILES: ONE FOR ITEMS AND BUFFS AND THE OTHER FOR AWAKENINGS ONLY! SHARE WITH FRIENDS AND MAKE THEM JEALOUS!
    • COMPARE DIFFERENT ITEMS, AWAKENINGS, ETC!
    • COMPARE DIFFERENT CLASSES!
    TUTORIAL :

Spoiler: 
    I'LL SPLIT THIS TUTORIAL INTO SECTIONS, SO YOU CAN LEARN ABOUT THE PROGRAM STEP BY STEP.

1. THE USER INTERFACE

The user interface is shown in the image below. It has a region on the left where the results (A and B) of your simulations will be shown. On the right, several tabs containing important info and also where you'll input everything related to your character.
    At the bottom, there's a message window, followed by the Simulation entry and buttons, and also the Save/Load feature (explained later in this guide).

Click image for larger version  Name:	gui.png Views:	0 Size:	777.0 KB ID:	7026

2. CHARACTER COMPOSITION (PROGRAM TABS)

2.1 STATS

The STATS tab is pretty straightforward. You must select your class, level (from Lvl 300 to 350) and also the stats distribution.

Click image for larger version  Name:	STATS-Copia.png Views:	0 Size:	425.0 KB ID:	7027

2.2 EQUIPMENT

The EQUIPMENT tab is where it starts to get tricky, as you must be 100% sure of what items you have and their exact upgrade levels.

By default, the program only considers +20 crystal weapons, +10 or +20 crystal shields(or secondary hand) and +10 or +20 sets.

You will also notice that there's some pre-set Fashion combos. You can edit or add more as you please (check section 5 of this tutorial).

Click image for larger version  Name:	EQUIPMENT-Copia.png Views:	0 Size:	362.9 KB ID:	7028

Be aware that the program in most cases uses strings to know what item you have selected. So if you select an Offhand item and want to clear it, just delete everything in that box (make it blank).

2.3 REROLLS

I made it as simple as possible, requiring no information on the items database regarding what attribute is Roll-able. Just fill this tab with the rerolls you have or, in some cases, with the sum/total of rerolled stats (for sets and fashion, for example).

2.4 RARITY

An easy to understand tab. Just select what Rarities you have on your equipment.

2.5 PETS

The Pets tab consists in the seclection of your Raised Pet and also the Pick-up Pet Bead Combo. There's already a preset of 14 combos based on Gabs Guide (here in Forums) but you can edit or add new ones (check section 5 of this guide), like Velrou (a combo made by Hasse).

2.6 PREMS

A tricky tab, indeed. There are several Prems that cannot be stacked, like Elixir and Flasks of the same type. Another example is that you can only use 1 Balloon at a time. So be 100% aware when going through this tab and be 100% sure that you can use all what you are selecting. I'll add some protections in this tab in future updates.

Please note that Upcut Stone and Grilled Eel are set as default and always considered in the calculations.

2.7 BUFFS

The Buffs tab is also quite simple, but requires a bit of attention. There are many pre-set buff combos, for both PvE and PvP. There's a chance I've missed something here and there, as I'm not a connoisseur of all classes in both PvE and PvP situations. That's why you can not only edit the buffs, but also add new ones. Check the section 5 for more information.

To help you check what is being considered in every Buff option, there's a frame that shows the stats for the buffs (only for Class Buffs).

Below that, you can select if you're using full Seraph Buffs, Couple Lv Max, Mentor Lv Max and also Guild Buff PvE level.

The Seraph Buffs box gives you the "shareable" buffs, the ones the Pocket Pang gives to you, while the Seraph buffs under "Choose your Class and Buff Combination" are selfbuffs.

If I missed anything, please let me know.

2.8 AWAKENINGS

Oh yes, awakenings! Finally! Well, this tab is very, very simple. You just need to fill in what you have, what you want to have, or what you can buy in terms of awakenings and its values.

Note that every piece of equipment has 3 lines, in which you can select a Stat and type its Value. If your awakening as only 1 stat (e.g. 38 38 38 ADOCH), you can use only the Line 1 (just select ADOCH and type 114 as value). The same works for 2-stat awakenings. Just use all 3 if you have 3-stat awakenings or... if you want to spend some time.

3. SIMULATING AND RESULT WINDOWS

After completing the Step no. 2 of this tutorial, head to the bottom of the window. There will be a frame named Simulation Name, with a box and two buttons (Calculate A and Calculate B).

Before you hit one of those buttons, you can write anything on that Simulation Name box. That will help you differentiate two simulations, as the "name" will be plotted on top for the Result A or B windows.

Here's the Simulation frame I'm talking about:

When you press the Calculate A or B button, the results will be plotted to the Result A or B window, respectively.

The image below shows the result of a simulated Crackshooter with 900 DEX and a Dragon Lord Bow +20 (Crystal).

Note that the Result is split into different sections:
    - Attributes: they must match exactly like in game. Keep an eye on the "H Window ATK" as it has to be spot on (no more than 10 ATK difference between in game and program should exist. This small error occurs due to different rounding between the flyff Source Code and my code).
    - PvE Related: Everything regarding Melee and Magic attack against monsters. For more info, check the section 6 of this tutorial.
    - PvP Related: Same as PvE, but obviously for PvP. If you're a Force Master, you'll also have ASAL Damage here. Please check the section 6 for more details.
    - HP Related: Shows your HP with Grilled Eel for both ocasions - Full STA or Restatted with the Grilled Eel bug. Also shows your HP multiplier. If you're a Force Master, it will also show your MP.

You can use the Result A and B feature to compare a character with different items... or maybe even compare different classes. You will find crucial info on this matter in section 6.

4. SAVING AND LOADING

The Saving/Loading feature is one of the most important in my opinion. I would hate to fill in every stat every time I use the program, and so would you, right?

To save a configuration, fill in everything you want (equipment, buffs, prems, awakenings etc) and head to the bottom right corner of the program to the Save/Load frame, as shown below:

Give your save file a name. Let's take "FMBest" as an example:

When you hit Save, two .txt files will be created inside the program's _internal > savedbuilds folder:

The save file with _items.txt suffix contains all your character info (equipment, buffs, prems etc), and the file with _awakes.txt suffix contains your awakenings. That way you can share only your awakenings with your friends so they can test your combo... or maybe you could send only your items and configs for they to test... or even send them both files. Of course, they can rename the file to whatever they want so your awakes can be loaded with their items for example.

To load, just write the save file name in the Save/Load box without .txt (in this example it would be just FMBest) and hit "Load".

5. EDITTING

As I want this program to last for as long as Insanity MMORPG exists, I decided to store its database externally... well... at least most of it. That means that if there's any update in the game (e.g. rebalance changes, new items, new buffs) you can update the database and won't depend on me to release a new updated version of the sim. Of course, there are some limitations for now, but I'll keep working on it until we have a 100% external database.

Here is the list of item types or buff types that you can edit and what you can edit:

- Weapons: Only edit
    - Secondary Weapons/Shields: Only edit
    - Weapon Crafts: Edit and Add more options
    - Secondary Weapon/Shield Crafts: Edit and Add more options
    - Sets: Edit and Add more options
    - Jewelry: Edit and Add more options

- Fashion: Edit and Add more options
    - Cards (Weapon and Shield): Edit and Add more options
    - Cards (Suit): Edit and Add more options
    - Pets: Edit and Add more options
    - Beads: Edit and Add more options
    - Buffs (Class): Edit and Add more options
    - Rarities: Edit and Add more options
    - Runes:Edit and Add more options
    - Guild Buffs: Edit and Add more options .
    You will find the respective files inside the _internal > database folder:

To edit, open the file you want with the notepad, and follow the "Structure" shown at the top of it. Example:

If you want to add another option, just add another line. Example:

Tutorial Combo, 10, 20, 30, 10, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 10, 0, 500

That means 10%ATK + 20%PVE + 30%ADOCH + 10%HP + 10%PVP + 500MP

Of course this is just an example, and it must match what you have in game.

Please note that in some cases, like Jewelry and Fashion, the lines correspond to the full set effect + the sum of the individual parts effects.

6. CRUCIAL INFO

Now it's time to pay attention so buckle-up, grab a cup of coffee and keep reading.

I am using the real equations for ATTACK and HP. That means I am not doing any "estimation" or any crap like that based on random tests. This implies that, if you fill everything correctly when it comes to stats, equipment, buffs, prems etc, it should match perfectly with your in game character. If it doesn't, please make a careful investigation to find what's missing or what you are missing. If there's a wrong buff setup for example, you can fix it in the database (if that's the case, please let me know). There's a small error in the "H Window ATK" of less than 10 ATK in some situations, due to how the flyff rounds the numbers differently than my code.

The Melee ATK (PvE or PvP) is a relationship between your ATTACK, your MULTIPLIER and also the rate of hits (based on the attack animation) for every class/weapon. If you take two characters with exactly the same attack and multiplier, that uses different weapon types (Knuckle vs Bow, for example), one will hit faster than the other. As they have the same damage per hit, one will have higher Damage Over Time (DOT) or Damage Per Second (DPS). This is accounted in this simulator.
    That means that you can not only compare one class with different setups, but also compare two different classes when it comes to damage output and, of course, HP.

The Magic ATK (PvE or PvP) is just the relationship between ATK and MULTIPLIER. As the damage largely depends on the skill configurations inside the game's Resource (an info I don't have access to), I wouldn't compare an Arcanist vs Mentalist when it comes to Magic ATK, only HP. You can still compare Arcanist vs Arcanist and Mentalist vs Mentalist. Maybe in the future I'll get deep into the skills formulas.

You, more than anyone, is responsible for the use of this program. As long as you are careful and know enough about the game, you should be good, make a good use of it and take the most of what the Simulator can give.

7. QUICK VIDEO TUTORIAL (I'LL MAKE A BETTER ONE LATER AS IT WAS AN OLDER VERSION)

DOWNLOAD:

Spoiler: 
    IF YOU FIND ANYTHING NOT RIGHT, PLEASE LET ME (.mucura) OR HASSE (.hasse) KNOW AND THE PROGRAM WILL BE UPDATED.

NEW VERSION OF FEBRUARY 17TH 2024:
    -
    v1.5

-
    Added Reset Equips (resets everything but awakenings) and Awakenings (resets only awakenings) to the main window
    -
    Added Clear Results to the results window
    -
    Added some protection to the Equipment and Prems tab, avoiding the selection of impossible items or prems combinations
    -
    Added a missing Fashion Combo.

[NEW] DOWNLOAD V1.5

ALSO CHECK THIS OVERVIEW ON HOW DAMAGE IS CALCULATED IN flyff

flyff DAMAGE - AN OVERVIEW

IF YOU LIKE IT AND WANT TO CONTRIBUTE, PLEASE SEND ME A DONATION IN GAME:
    IGN: Mucurao or Mucura
    OR CONTACT ME ON DISCORD:
    .mucura

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    Hasse (.hasse)
    Gabsy (gabsy)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Red; 22-February-2024, 02:20.
Working...
X