Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PuroKishi’s Newbie and Beginner Farming Guide

PuroKishi’s Newbie and Beginner Farming Guide
    Hello! I’m PuroKishi, a Bosshunting Slayer here at Insanity. I’ve made this guide specifically for new players who are having troubles starting their own characters. As you can see here in the forums, there are lots of very detailed guides and information pertaining to all aspects of the game. Be it Farming, Leveling, Boss Hunting, Upgrading and even Item/Boss Stats!

For new players to the game or server, and specially for the non-donors, you’ll probably have a hard time deciding where to start and how. So I’ve made this guide to help them get on their foot!
    This guide will include all information and instructions up to the small details as possible. I hope you follow the instructions carefully and read every Paragraph/Sentence I include in this guide, so you could fully understand the purpose of this guide.

Disclaimer: This is not the best nor it is an official farming guide here in Insanity flyff. This is merely a personal guide I made that is cost efficient and noob friendly in my own opinion, but I will try to be as objective as possible. There might be more or better guides out there, so I suggest reading every guide you come across in the server/discord/forum as well as tips and advice from different players.

Table of Contents
    1. Introduction
    2. Getting Started
    3. Farming
    4. Results
    5. Final Remarks

I. Introduction

First of all, you will have to follow the class I will be using all throughout the guide or else you will be having different results from mine. However, this does not mean you won’t be using a certain class you want in the future. This is merely a Farming Guide for you to have enough Perins to sustain and gear up the future class you want to use.

The class we’ll be using is a Seraph. Seraph’s are mostly used as either a buff slave or end game PVE/PVP char and needs a huge amount of funding to be very efficient on those fields. One would argue that Arcanists, will probably deal more damage and will be cost efficient, farming wise, in the long run. While I do agree with it, I used Seraph on this guide as it has certain perks and advantages over the Arcanist class not in terms of raw damage or performance, but in terms of utility and efficiency as well.

This guide and class involves no investment and it will utilize a fresh spawn character without any outside intervention like transfer/borrowed gear, Perin/Penya from a friend and will only need another Seraph to ask(politely) for Seraph buffs during the leveling stage. While it would be good to have some help from other people, I advise to follow the guide as a Solo Player, to test the efficiency of this guide, as my aim is to let players start on their own.

Before going further, I will show you the different Pros and Cons of this guide and class.

Pros
    • Cheap – Won’t be needing any Perin/Penya, only loots. Basically free.
    • Tanky – Will be a STA Build Seraph so you could tank mobs even with not-so-good gear.
    • Self-sufficient – Can Heal self(Heal Rain) and Buff self on its own. With the recent changes on Buff Pangs and Pocket pangs, Seraph buffs now last longer than 3hours and spending/using Pocket Pangs is now a moot point since it will only give you an hour worth of buffs
    • Buff/Couple Slave – Can be paired with your future Farming/Bosshunting class for the added bonus and buffs. Can be used as a Pupil to some extent if you already have an old boss hunting char available
    • Scaling on earlier levels – This guide will focus on level 150 Monsters at Forgotten Island, and at that level, this class outshines other class in terms of Damage and survivability in relation to the gears used.
    Cons
    • Average DPS – Damage is decent but not the best
    • Can be outperformed by a different class later on – if you choose to advance or further enhance this class, Arcanists, specifically, can outperform you with equal amount of gear at level 300
    • Does not scale well on later levels until funded decently – As levels gets higher, monsters deal more damage and will have more HP. Seraphs only have 1 class specific buff and while it gives 250% PVE damage, it lacks lots of IA to scale its own Damage at that level. And to be more efficient farming, you would probably need to improve its gear which will be a bit costly.

I will mention this again, and it won’t be the last, this is not a SERAPH guide, this is not a class specific guide, rather, it is a Farming Guide that uses specifically Seraphs only. It is your choice whether you will use it later on or drop/keep it as a Buff/Couple/Pupil Slave.

II. Getting Started

As I mentioned before, you will use a fresh spawned character, and you will be using ONLY the loots you gain during the leveling phase. SO it is important to use your pickup pet, but try to limit its loots for Suns/Moons/Cards only.

Leveling

Spoiler: 
    Leveling is pretty straightforward and will only take you less than an hour to go to level 151. Upon spawning on Flaris, it is required to look for a Seraph and ask for buffs. Upon buffing, equip all the starter items, open the CS Starter kit and equip the free fash as it gives a good hp and stat boost.

Skip lower level mobs and Teleport(using Pang) directly onto Darkon 1 and head to Small Steamwalkers. Use your free EXP pots, upcut stone, and hotkey your free Remantis as even with complete buffs and free CS gear, Steamwalkers will still deal as much as half of your HP, so just use your free Remantis everytime you get hit. The reason for this is you can skip the time going through low level monsters. Small steamwalkers will run away when it is dying so just hit right away. 1 kill will be enough to make you level 15 and will give you some Ampli ES, use it right away. A few more kills will level you up until 50-ish(Do not try and tank 2 at the same time).

When you reach level 50, shift through drillers and level until you get 60. It is advisable to put STR for the meantime so you could hit harder. Once you change job to an RM, start allocating all stat points to INT. You will get another set of 150% exp pots, use it right away. While you are in Darkon, try and kill the Giant Volt around there (preferably you’re lvl 60+) and get some 2 pcs Stam Ring +5 from its drops. During this stage, try and pickup some Stick you come across, and some plug earring and gore along your way as the monsters frequently drops them.

Starting at level 65+, try leveling as you would do normally, around 5 levels above you. For maximum efficiency, I advise to grind at crane to atleast level 70, then Map Teleport Mushpoi until lvl 80. Once you hit level 80, pick up some Stick along the way and buy some Posters and use Merk during leveling.

80-90 = Boo
    90-120 = Dump-Popcrank
    60m-80m = Mushpoi
    80m-110m = Dump
    110m-125H = FT F1
    125-140 = FT F2
    140-150 = FT F3

Take note. Once you reach level 150 and you change job to a Seraph, you will be at lvl 150 with 99% exp. Be careful and do not AoE lots of monsters. Just isolate and kill 1 monster so you would level up to 151 with just a few exp. If you try and AoE a few monsters, you risk leveling up which will make the purpose of this guide pointless.

Once you reach 151, go outside and we will start farming now.

Optional: Upon starting, I suggest Marrying either your Bosshunting character or any future class you want to make. Purpose is this nice cool buffs to have once you reach couple level 21. Doing it at level 1 will make things faster, as you need to be online at the same channel for it to level.

Spoiler: 

Preparing to farm.

As I said in the beginning, you won’t be needing any investment/gear to farm. You WILL farm at Forgotten Island, using the spawn gear you have and the Level 120 CS Set(the 2nd one), the Stick, Plug and Gore neck I told you to loot earlier. Disregard the Stam rings at the mean time. During your leveling, you may come across some Treasure Boxes and Keys. Use up all the keys you have and you will probably get a few prems such as.
    • Pride of Victory
    • Gingerbread
    • Delicious Cookie
    • Remantis

You only a few of them anyway. Around lvl 120 you should get a Box of Stamina as a level up reward, open them up and you should get some Grilled Eel and Upcut stones. Also, convert all your INT stat to full STA since we will be using Soul of Rhisis instead of Merk.

Now, check if you have enough penya to buy a ticket. Take note, the only thing you should buy are RM Posters only. Bring at least 10k pieces. If you lack the money to buy a Forgotten Island Ticket(15m), don’t worry! Get the quest from Pang and kill 30 Aibatts. It will give you 5m and it is repeatable.

Also try doing this quest for a nice 300 Red Chip reward as you will be buying Lords Cheer later on. This quests only needs you getting a Quest Item(Yornn) at Lawolfs and it should give you 300 Chips upon submitting the quest.

Spoiler: 

III. Farming

Pre-Farming

As of now, we are not on the main farming part of the guide. This is merely a pre farming warm up. Since you can start with no gear other than the free starter items, we will farm temporarily to get some Penya for you to buy better equipment. Don’t worry. Even with just the gear I said earlier, you can still farm effectively. Tbh, this might be optional, and players can just start farming as is without even buying equips.

Enhancing your equipment on the other hand, will give you a slight performance boost and will also ready your Seraph if you even want to follow my upcoming guides for it.
    Find a Party using the Party Finder. Aim for getting into full parties that spams PT skills including link. This will greatly increase your damage. Always join a PT that has lots of Points and some that spams skills. It is a good gesture to let your PT members know you are farming so they won’t kick you.

Now Prem up with whatever you have. The only important prem anyway are the upcut and grilled eel which is free and you get this from leveling. With just the CS set, Seraph Buffs, and this prems, your HP will reach to 10k and you won’t be dying. Just run around Forgotten Island mobs, gather as much as you can, but be fast and do not stretch mobs too much. Just Spam Soul of Rhisis, and mobs will take 2 hits.

Pro Tip: You wont need to use any Vital Drink as even with 0 FP, you can cast Soul of Rhisis.

Farm for 30mins at least or decide to keep it to an hour. Regardless, you should just farm enough to get some penya

Head back town and buy the following with the money you have. For 30mins, you should at least have 300m/3p and some suns/moons. If ever you don’t have enough penya, try selling some Suns/Moons as they sell for 75k each on NPCs.

• Lusaka Ruby Set
    • Lusaka Stick
    • Holy Knight Shield
    • Get a random Fashion glove
    • Spros, Gpros, Xpros, Awake and Reversion Scrolls

Optional: Getting the Cloak of Honor from Vote Point Shop. This gives +1 Giftbox and will increase the suns and moons you get.

Upgrading Equipment

Prioritize getting your Armor Set to +10, as it gives decent stats and hp. Buy 50-70Spros and upgrade your set to +10. Use the leftover scrolls to upgrade your Holy Knight shield. Doesn’t need to max it, just use whatever is left. Use the Stam Ring +5 I told you to pick up earlier, upgrade the Plug and Gore to +3 for a small boost. Get some 20Xpros or so and try upgrading your Lusaka Stick. Doesn’t need to be +10, just upgrade to what 20 scrolls can give.

Pro Tip: Upgrade everything first to +3 before using Safe Upgrader

Now buy some Gpros, probably around 40. Pierce your suit, and prioritize get 0/4. Proceed to your Stick and Shield with the leftover scrolls.
    During leveling, you may come across some cards along your way. Use 4x Lightning Card 4% on your suit and Land Card B on your Weapon and Shield

Optional: Upgrade your weapon to +10 and put Diamonds and get 5x Sta, also If you lack Land Cards, go to Azria and head north at mammoths. There’s a good spot where you can farm a few cards. Getting x10 Land Cards on your Weapon and Shield is a good boost and will greatly prepare you on the next guide I’m making if you decide to follow it.

Awakening

Spoiler: 
    Awake all your items. It doesn’t need to be fancy or perfect. Your goal is to get 2-3 Lines of useful stat. If you get 1 line, reroll right away. Try getting at least 10% mixes or even more. These are the stats you should be looking for:
    • IA
    • PVE
    • Speed
    • STA
    • DCT
    Prioritize getting the following stats IA being the most needed and lastly comes DCT. Any value of PVE is good, but getting more IA will also be good since you have lots of PVE from your buff. STA should be a filler awake, and should not prioritize getting 2-3 lines of STA, getting STA along IA, PVE and Speed is good. You should aim to get some speed awakes, 10% per line/part is a good boost since in farming, having high speed means you can run around faster and gather mobs faster. Try and get decent awakes of Speed to your gear. DCT is the least prioritize awake line you should get, Lusaka Stick, Set effect and even buffs don’t give much DCT. Try and get some along with the other awakes. You don’t need INT or HP as SoR relies on STA heavily and HP is not needed since you are already tanky with just the gears and STA

Here’s an overview of awakes you need to get

Weapon, Shield, Costume, Jewelry and Pet = all mixes of IA, PVE, Speed, STA and DCT
    Helmet = only gives stats, so get 2-3 Lines of STA
    Armor = all awakes
    Gauntlet = this is where you should try and get 25%+ DCT since the only stat you need in this armor is DCT. Try getting 2-3 lines, or just 25%+ DCT from this
    Boots = Get Speed as it’s the only stat you need. Try and get 20+ Speed on this part

Using a few Scrolls, I got the following awakes on all parts
    • PVE 66%
    • IA 24%
    • STA 164
    • DCT 85%
    • Speed 62%
    Try and get more Speed, like 80-90 and less DCT, like 60-65% only. Getting More IA is also good, but tbh, this awakes and items is already enough and will 1 hit mobs already. Just maximizing the scrolls you bought but you shouldn’t try so much to perfect them.

Farming

Basically, this is just the same earlier, just Use Upcut and Grilled eel. Opening some chests and using some Gingerbread, Pride of Victory and Delicious Cookies also helps. Buy Scroll of Acquisition and Lords Cheer as they greatly increase the Suns/Moons/ChestsnKeys you get. With the gear above, you will be able to 1 shot mobs easily.

Take note, the tough part on this leveling is, while you kill fast, you cannot loot any faster. It is good practice to gather mobs on the center, and try to gather a new set of mobs on that same spot so your pet can resume looting. This is the only bottleneck in this guide, as clearing mobs only takes 1 sec, but looting will take you forever.

You either leave for a few moments (keep an eye out at other players) and gather mobs while returning at that same spot OR bring a Mule(a second character that has a Pet and just help you loot). Bringing a level 1 character is risky, since all monsters there are aggressive, it might be a good idea to get atleast a level 120+ and put STA on it so it will be a bit tanky. You could make a second character and level it to 121 in just 10-20mins anyway.

Just run around and spam SoR, since it’s just one hit, keep an eye on the loots and always try to spam at very crowded places. Usually the corners and center part of the 150 Area has good amount of mobs.

IV. Results

By this guide, you can either farm with the Raw and unequipped one or with the Equipped one. Doing both will net you these drops respectively

vs

As you can see, even when using the Equipped one, there isn’t much difference. It may look bigger since you get more Suns/Moons, but mostly it’s because of the Scroll of Acquisition and Lords Cheer. You can decide if you want to farm using the Raw and just use Scroll of Acqui and Cheer to boost the Suns/Moons. The reason why the Equip one isn’t that far, is mostly because of the bottlenecking issue of the looting. To further eliminate this, it is advisable to bring a Mule to pick up the drops and let him stay near your Kill area so you could proceed killing. I haven’t tried bringing a Mule, but I will do it later and will update it.

Aside from the Penya, the Suns and Moons also counts as profit, since selling 1k pieces is = .75P already, and 1 hr gives you already roughly 6k pieces which is 4.5P. You’d get some Chests from level 60-151 chest, but I advise against opening them, as the only really profitable or worth it are level 251 chests. You only open these when you need some prems.

Optional: After farming for a few rounds, try completing your gear if you haven’t. Mainly having x10 Land Cards on each weapon. B cards are enough for now. Also getting 5 Sta Diamonds will help you greatly, especially if you decide on continuing further. For the meantime, getting Jewelry Sets and 200ip/Crystal Fash is not worth it. As the Gear I mentioned earlier is enough to kill the mobs.

V. Final Remarks

As you could see, following this guide will net you already 10-15p per hr and can still be improved once you get the hang of it. For a Raw character, which makes 30mins to make, you are already farming for 10p per hour, and pimping it will improve it at 14p/hr or more. Yes, for some, this may look underwhelming, but look at this, in retrospect, my 8kP+ Char can farm 100p at least per hour. But this guide, is doing at least 10% of what I do with ZERO INVESTMENT and only takes 30mins to make. Yes, it isn’t much. People will more likely make a Bosshunting char, since I find bosshunting less grindy than farming endlessly, but I made this solely for the Newbies and Beginners that don’t know where to start.

There are tons of guides out there, but new players still get lost along the way. Suggesting specific farming guides like Cove hunting, Boss Hunting and even Arcanist farming to beginners will most likely give them more problems than relief. Specially those new to the game or server. I suggest following this guide to learn the Economy, Class and Farming Routes of the Server.

By following this guide, new players can still decide what character they want, but they are still capable of farming. Imagine a new player, made a boss hunting class, rushed leveling to 300 with a few Penya. He will have a hard time gearing his character. But by doing this, they will already have income in just 30mins. They could decide to farm for a bit while studying the ups and downs of the server. By having an ample amount of Perins, they could easily shift through Farming/Hunting Class they want to follow, since they can start with better gear rather than rushing in. Also, since this is just a newbie guide, I’m also exploring the potential of this in later levels. So any investment they made here is still useful.

By Farming for a few hours can already give you 100p atleast with just little to no effort at all!(Aside from grinding ofc) You can even spend the time farming while learning the economy (Try reading shouts and learn which things are worth or sought more). By making this, I hope new players who want to try and play in the server can try this, so they can explore more options than getting stuck in the middle.

Also, by making this guide at ZERO INVESTMENT, I hope this will also help other players who lack the Perin to start. I absolutely hate online begging. I give players help and advice, not exactly Perins, it would be in bad taste if I said nobody helped me before, nor nobody did give me items or whatnot when I was still a newbie. In fact, a few of them did, but it’s not because I begged them, they just gave them to me. It would be rude to say that giving items/perin is bad, I understand there are tons of players out there who sincerely helps other players through this. But at the same time, there will be Players who will take advantage of this and will try to exploit you anyway. I stand by my opinion, that teaching or giving players options, ways, guides and advice will greatly help them rather than giving raw item/perin. It also makes them work for their gear and will learn to appreciate hard work. Thus making them play the game longer and won’t bore them.

For the PRO players, I hope you could help me in sharing this to players, and also feedback is pretty much appreciated. If you happen to come across a new player who needs tips in farming and don't know what to do, if you feel this is effective, please try and share this to them :)

I am open for any suggestion and discussion, specially if it helps the purpose of this guide. Feel free to message me here or just leave a comment on my post. Thanks!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; Teach a man how to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime

You could also add something about the no exp scroll to stay in the 151 level without any worry of leveling up accidentally.

Btw, nice guide. I'll make myself one 'lvl151' seraph for farming with just 1hitting as aoe. As going to the lvl300's is boring, really.

+1 for this guide!

Comment

Originally posted by STRanger View Post
      You could also add something about the no exp scroll to stay in the 151 level without any worry of leveling up accidentally.

Btw, nice guide. I'll make myself one 'lvl151' seraph for farming with just 1hitting as aoe. As going to the lvl300's is boring, really.

+1 for this guide!
      Don't worry, the 150 Mobs at Forgotten doesnt give any exp at all. Even mammoths at Azria gives exp, but these mobs don't :D

Comment

Ohh, nice. That's new info for me :D Thanks

Comment

Hey I'm really new and just started playing insanity flyff, if i may ask will this work with Elementors as well?

Comment

Why is it necessary to stay at lvl 151?

Comment

First of all, I like this way of presenting a guide very much.
              BUT, over time there were some heavy changes, perhaps it is time
              for some changes in this guide.

Comment

Working...
              X