• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosa's GM Application

Sex: Female
    Residence + Timezone: Finland, GMT+2
    Languages: Native language Finnish, fluent in English

A bit about yourself: Hey-o! My name is Roosa, but I mostly go by the name Rosa around here. I shall tell you a bit about the person sitting behind this computer screen;

I graduated in July 2016 from a vocational institute as a Tourism Activities Organizer. Currently though, I work at a museum as a cashier and a customer service provider. I have had multiple job experiences from different fields, from Petting Zoo worker (where I for example took care of a camel, and it’s still alive 'till this very day! I think that tells something :^)) to a volunteer helper at Hamburgs Finnish Seamen's church. I have gotten feedback for my cheerful customer service, punctuality, compromising skills and motivation.

What comes to my personality, I am very social around people, in real life and in games. I tend to joke a lot, and try to give people a fun time around me. You can easily approach me and I'm always there to help out players if they have any general questions, I'm happy and bubbly in how I speak so it might turn into a that joking I talked about, but they always get the answer they are looking for. At the same time I'm always there if people just want to have a conversation, so just holla at me! Meeting and talking to new people is always fun, regardless if you become friends with me or not.
    Other people has also described me as loving, caring and as a very doesn't want to hurt anyone -person. Which also affects to my tendency of not picking up fights, starting them or continuing them. Simply, I keep out of trouble and do not get provoked!

I have an interest in drawing and art, which I spend time with when I'm not playing games. I see myself as having a creative mind and an artistic feel. When it comes to art I enjoy digital arts the most, that's my forte. I am passionate the way I make and show my art. Also shown in game I also like doing re-colors for fashion on FlyFF, where one of my works made it into the game, the Cloak of Saturn sold in the MHT store.

Playtime on FlyFF: I started playing the original FlyFF when I was about 12-years old. I kept playing it for about 2-3 years actively but on a "lazy level". Meaning I didn't go hard with the grinding on levels, getting the best gear and killing all the bosses. I met amazing people there though, which was the main reason for a young me to log in to the game.

Playtime on Insanity: I found out about Insanity in the end of August 2016. I played the server actively for about 1,5 years until I held a small break. During my playtime I experienced a bit of the both PvE and PvP routes. I am part of a sieging guild and also part of an active PvE guild. For now, I am taking it easy and just enjoying the future new content, laid back playing and wide community with my few main characters!

Previous Staff Experience: None, sadly. Though I am very willing to learn all the stuff I have not yet experienced as a Staff Member!

What are your biggest weaknesses? There are a few things I can honestly list as my weaknesses. First of all, I tend to take too many tasks at once and then end up being in a hurry finishing them all. This affects the quality of the work in a way where I can't put my full focus on all of them, since there were too many to do at once. Second weakness, I sometimes simply overthink. Even though it would be a really easy thing, I put too much thought in it. This is a weakness I have actually almost overcome, but it's still there kind of. Third, but not least; Usually I underestimate myself or my work. It’s a weakness in a way, since I know I can do a good job and I should be proud of it. Not underestimate the work I have put in or created.

What are your biggest strengths? When it comes to my strength I've written about them throughout my application, such as being easy to approaching people. Enjoying meeting new people and so on, so I'll stay away from repeating all of it and making you feel like I just write things again, trying to come up with different ways to explain them. Just know that it's all scattered inside my application.

Why should we hire you? I will make this simple and short, but with valid points. I think you should hire me because I see myself as being a great addition to the team in part thanks to my good social skills. As told above, I have years of experience in real life customer service, which is a big help even online when dealing with player support, questions and helping those who ask for it. My motivation to give the player a feeling that they have been listened to and that they can walk away knowing that they have received the help that they were looking for. All that I can do with a pretty smile. Even though you all might not be able to see it through the screen between us… :-)
    Other valuable reasons are my bubbly and happy personality, the ability to listen well to others and understand the situation from their eyes. I am really good at compromising and usually end up solving a situation with the both participants being pleased. I don't get easily frustrated or angry at people, it takes a lot to actually reach that point in me. I divide my help and attention equally to the ones that need it.
    On the paper I understand what a GM does, what rules, expectations and requirements they have. I just lack the on the action -part!

What do you think about Insanity's current state and future? The current state of Insanity is back and forth in my opinion. Good and bad things have happened, but the server has learned from it and adapts to the changes, catching up again. I think the future is promising but not without it's hurdles, there is and there will be difficulties, bright ideas and lessons to be learned. Currently the server is becoming more stable with the promising new additions and the much needed content changes and improvements. With motivated and driven people that you are looking for right now, the server will have a brighter future ahead of it!

What can you do to improve it? I will improve the communication gap between players and staff, that in my opinion has been a bit of a issue in the past. It has improved with staff changes recently, but there is still a bridge to cross. Majority of the other applicants have the same opinion about this, so it is a real issue. Let’s fix that!

I would also like to improve the reward system of GM events. Now and then, there could be an additional exclusive prize only a few can obtain. Example, last Halloweens Kitten Sets were a big hit and people really wanted to get a hold of them. Giving out fewer pieces of a certain new item will raise in value and is obtainable for every player in the game equally. This means even the newest players will have a chance for an exclusive piece of an equipment. When the item is exclusive they carry a higher price as it is harder to obtain and it's limited, meaning older players will be able to get something for their character and newer players will be able to boost their characters in power by selling the exclusive item to another player, which would in turn make bigger sums of perin trade hands to players who normally would not trade with each other.

I can provide opinions and insight and help with what can be improved in general going forward. Insanity has struggled with retaining players and at the same time keeping the end game players online.The climb for new players is very big and end-game players have very little to do majority of their time, which in turn gives them very little reason to stay online. I’m happy to give out my point of view when it comes to this.

Best regards and waiting to hear from you soon,
    Rosa

To be honest I only read the weaknesses and strenghts of people. That tells me a bit of the person. Regarding yours, gratz, that was really good to read, unlike 95% of applications in which people put:

My biggest weakness is that I'm perfectionist (I've been here for almost 10 years and apparently this is the "weakness" of 99% of people around here)
    I care for others more than for myself
    I'm too honest
    I can't wake up in time
    I'm too punctual
    FlyFF related stuff (sorry but this is really ridiculous)

Those are clearly bullcrap and gives a bland vision of how the person really is. Yours, on the other hand, are really interesting. Thanks for putting the effort and honesty writing this.

Hey staff members, you should give this girl Rosa a chance. +1 from Red (which means nothing anyway lol).

Comment

Originally posted by Red View Post
      To be honest I only read the weaknesses and strenghts of people. That tells me a bit of the person. Regarding yours, gratz, that was really good to read, unlike 95% of applications in which people put:

My biggest weakness is that I'm perfectionist (I've been here for almost 10 years and apparently this is the "weakness" of 99% of people around here)
      I care for others more than for myself
      I'm too honest
      I can't wake up in time
      I'm too punctual
      FlyFF related stuff (sorry but this is really ridiculous)

Those are clearly bullcrap and gives a bland vision of how the person really is. Yours, on the other hand, are really interesting. Thanks for putting the effort and honesty writing this.

Hey staff members, you should give this girl Rosa a chance. +1 from Red (which means nothing anyway lol).
      I actually agree with you Red. Rosa is such a great lady, and a person who speaks not only FINNISH, but fluent English? That's something that the community could use because believe it or not, there are people who speak Finnish that have no one to speak to because the staff doesn't know how to speak Finnish. I also +1 Rosa and would seriously consider her. She could be a major Europe addition (since we all know you are looking for a GM who lives/is from Europe), and she's been part of the Insanity Discord for some time now to know that she's kind-hearted.

Comment

Working...
      X