Announcement

Collapse

Welcome back!

Good to see you again! Unfortunately the Forums have been lost completely.. But it does give us a great opportunity for a revamp and restyling! We hope you will contribute to a new and brighter Forums.
See more
See less

GM Application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Application

Sex:
    Male

Residence + Timezone:
    Netherlands (GMT +1)

Languages:
    Dutch, English, Deutsch and a bit of Swedish and French.,

A bit about yourself:
    What's up, my name is Leon and i'm from the Netherlands but friends usually refer to me as Zura.. I honestly don't know why but it's how i came up with the gamertag Zurazan (Xurazan ingame) but that's out of the point. I'm a relaxed guy that studied System administration for 2 years, programming for 1 year and network architecture for another year, basically i'm a big f*ng nerd.. I'm experienced in the field of C#, HTML, CSS, PHP, C++, SQL, Electron and basic java script.. Even though i'm a "bit" of a BIG nerd my social skills are very high so i'm not scared to pop in a voice channel or run some nonsense-karaoke stuff or gather up with a bunch of people ingame and just tell random stories haha. I think the possibilities are endless!
    1 year of college: C#, HTML, CSS, PHP, C++, SQL.
    6 months of self study: Electron and JavaScript, CSS and SQL.

Projects i've worked on:
    - sadly i've never programmed for games themselves but that's something i'd like to do and experience at some point.
    - I have been working on plugins(js) and themes(css) for Betterdiscord for about 3 months now
    - I have made my own Runescape private server(java) for about 1 month before i decided to drop the project because a Minecraft server felt more populair
    - I used to make my own Minecraft server plugins(java) for about as long as my own server ran so somewhere close to 6 months.
    - The reason i mentioned Electron is because it's an open-source framework that got used by a lot of different applications but the reason i mentioned it is because discord is made with it and i needed it for certain info for my betterdiscord plugins. (JavaScript, HTML, and CSS)
    - I have tried to make a GtaV modmenu for friends(C++, C# and Java) I lost interest because of ASLR.
    - Several projects for the college i attended to
    - I have made discord bots with discord.py, discord.js, discordrb, Discordia and JDA
    - I've helped my college with their "new" website(HTML, CSS AND PHP)

Playtime on FlyFF:
    I started playing original FlyFF in 2007 And eventually i met the glory of private servers where my first server was DemonFlyFF and after that i started playing InsanityFlyFF because DemonFlyFF closed.

Playtime on Insanity:
    I think i've been playing Insanity for several years now (hopping on and off from breaks) I remember like 2 revamps, resets so pretty sure that's been some years haha

Previous Staff Experience:
    I have never been staff on a FlyFF server but i have been staff for other games like Minecraft, Dekaron Online, Maplestory, Roblox, Terraria, Elsword, Runescape, Gunz and WoW (All private servers) I don't think it's necessary to mention all the servers i've been staff on as they aren't FlyFF related, i used to have my own Minecraft, Terraria and Runescape server though.

What are your biggest weaknesses?
    I think my biggest weaknesses are that i always want to help people when they need it and that i always want to succeed in the things i do otherwise i'll see myself as a "failure"

What are your biggest strengths?
    Well my biggest strength clearly is that i'll keep trying something until i can do it/ know how it works because i want to succeed in the things i do, I'm good in understanding the problems of people which helps me react with the right things on people their frustrations (Basically where i'm supportive while helping them with a solution) Being able to easily adapt to situations, multitasking and the ability to make friends with anyone and anything.

Why should we hire you?
    Because i think i'm different than most people, My experience as a FlyFF staff may be low but my level of skill with computer related issues and people their problems and the ability to adapt to situations are high.. So basically i'm good with finding solutions to issues instead of dropping in panic mode. I'm pretty much available 24/7

What do you think about Insanity's current state and future?
    I think the current state of the game is nice. Improvements are great but there shouldn't be enormous changes in a fastp period of time.. I do hope that HD client is coming though ;)

What can you do to improve it?
    Well, with my experience i think even though i'm just an Ingame GM i'm able to help with client related stuff etc as well IF that help is needed ofcourse.. I'm mostly applying because i like to be busy with communities haha.

Why are you applying?
    The reason i'm applying is because i think that being a GM on Insanity is a completely new experience as i've never been staff on a FlyFF server before, i'm also applying because i'll end up helping people in more ways than just "tanking for them till they're lvl 300" i see it as some extra enterainment for me as i enjoy helping people and i get to learn new things while i'm doing it. So can't say i'm doing it "because i'm bored"
    Last edited by Zurazan; 9th-December-2018, 15:42.

Edited Why should we hire you? section

Comment

in my opinion
      she should become gm , she helped me training she guided me how to play the game properly !!!
      those are qualities of a gm!!

é

Comment

+1

Variety of languages spoken.
        Experience in coding.
        Staff experience in multiple games.

Comment

Originally posted by Trust View Post
          +1

Variety of languages spoken.
          Experience in coding.
          Staff experience in multiple games.
          haha thanks but i think coding isn't that much of an importance for a GM ^^

Comment

+1 good personality

Comment

•?((¯°·._.• ŴŐŴ РŔŐĞŔĂММĔŔ МĂŃ Ő>Ő>Ő>Ő •._.·°¯))؟•

Comment

I'm experienced in the field of C#, HTML, Css, PHP, C++, SQL, Electron and basic java script..
                If you are experienced in these fields, why not at least take the time to state what you did and when and for how long?
                Did you do any projects?
                Which servers have you been staff on or working for?
                Are you applying because you are bored?

Comment

Originally posted by pumaaa View Post

If you are experienced in these fields, why not at least take the time to state what you did and when and for how long?
                  Did you do any projects?
                  Which servers have you been staff on or working for?
                  Are you applying because you are bored?
                  Smart plan

Comment

This guy here is interesting, yet no experience. +1 here

Comment

Working...
                    X