Like Like:  19
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Patcher/Login Errors

Wik
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    5,760 (0 Banked)
    Items GM Name Style ChangeNabcakeOrange Juice AddictGM User Title Style Change

[Guide] Patcher/Login Errors

Open the spoiler to begin your Troubleshoot adventure!

What is your operating system?

Are you having trouble downloading Insanity FlyFF?

Please ensure that the download is not being blocked by your browser or anti-virus.
    The Insanity FlyFF download page has got a couple full-client download options. If one of them doesn't work, try another.

Are you having trouble installing Insanity FlyFF?

Make sure you have 7-Zip installed. If you don't, choose the proper version for your Windows here:
    7-Zip Downloads

If you cannot seem to open the Installer even if you do have 7-Zip, it is most likely that the download got corrupted.
    Please download the client from another link on our website. To prevent it from corrupting make sure your internet connection does not get interrupted to finish the download prematurely.

Does the patcher give you an error?

This error mostly occurs during/after a patch to the game when the patcher is under most stress or the patcher is still being updated. Try closing the patcher waiting 5 mins and try again.

If you are still getting this error after a long period of time it may be an issue with your firewall or internet security software blocking the patcher from accessing the Internet.

The server may be too busy to accept new connection or network problems are preventing your connection.

Try restarting the patcher and checking your firewalls etc.

Try closing Neuz.exe in Task Manager

File corruption - installation path preventing new patches from being uncompressed and applied successfully, removing temp internet files or restarting can fix this.- If the above is not successful try reinstalling the game.

Server may be over loaded and has multiple incoming connections at the moment.Keep retrying or restarting your patcher.

Normally this means that the patch server is being a under more load then usual. Its not keeping your connected and loses the connection and ask you to retry. Sometime retrying is all you can do as the issue shoudl resolve itself. If retrying does not help try restarting the patcher.

You can try adding 1. InsanityFlyFF.exe and Neuz.exe to your firewall's exceptions list.

Add 1. InsanityFlyFF.exe and Neuz.exe to your firewall's exceptions list.

You will want to make sure that you are NOT automatically obtaining a DNS server and instead setting it up so that you are "Using the following DNS server addresses" with your primary and alternate DNS to be 216.231.41.2 and 199.166.31.3 or (if that doesn't work) you can use 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 OR 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

For instructions on how to do this, please visit the following links:

For Windows XP users: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...cp-ip-settings (Follow steps 1-5)
    For Windows Vista users: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...cp-ip-settings (follow steps 1-3, and 6)
    For Windows 7 users: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...CP-IP-settings (follow steps 1-3, and 6).

The patcher is unable to reach the patch server.

Add 1. InsanityFlyFF.exe and Neuz.exe to your firewall's exceptions list.

Start Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab > Reset

This error has multiple causes, which are;

1. Connection being blocked, to fix add 1. InsanityFlyFF.exe and Neuz.exe to your firewall and anti-virus exception list.

2. Also occurs if your IE browser attempts to use a proxy. To fix go to Control Panel> Click Network and Internet> Open Internet Options> Go to Connections Tab> Click LAN settings button> Uncheck all tick boxes> Click Ok>Then, another Ok button to make the changes take effect.

This is caused by the DNS error in internet connection settings. To fix this issue, turn off your router/modem for 5 - 10 minutes.

You will want to make sure that you are NOT automatically obtaining a DNS server and instead setting it up so that you are "Using the following DNS server addresses" with your primary and alternate DNS to be 216.231.41.2 and 199.166.31.3 or (if that doesn't work) you can use 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 OR 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

For instructions on how to do this, please visit the following links:

For Windows XP users: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...cp-ip-settings (Follow steps 1-5)
    For Windows Vista users: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...cp-ip-settings (follow steps 1-3, and 6)
    For Windows 7 users: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...CP-IP-settings (follow steps 1-3, and 6).

Wait for about 10 minutes and try to re-patch.

You need to turn Internet Explorer back to Online Mode from Offline Mode.

1. Start Internet Explorer.
    2. On the File menu, determine whether the Work Offline option is enabled.

Note If this option is enabled, a check mark appears next to Work Offline.
    If this option is enabled, go to step 3.

3. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    4. In the Internet Options dialog box, click the Connections tab.
    5. Make sure that the Never dial a connection option is selected.
    6. Click the Advanced tab.
    7. Under Browsing, click to clear the Enable offline items to be synchronized on a schedule check box, and then click OK.

This error means there is a missing folder in the client. To resolve this view your patchlog.txt file located in your InsanityFlyFF install folder to see what folder you are missing and where, then create a new folder with the same name in the location it is missing from.

*please note depending on the folder missing it may be wise to redownload the client and do a fresh install, as certain folder if deleted will not be patched back to full. if your uncertain which action to take make a ticket with your patchlog.txt contents or by posting your patchlog.txt in [CODE] tags in a reply on this thread.

Run the patcher as an administrator to fix this issue.

How to permanently run the file as administrator?

1. Navigate to the InsanityFlyFF folder. For example, C:\Program Files\InsanityFlyFF
    2. Right-click the program icon (1. Insanity FlyFF.exe).
    3. Choose Properties.
    4. On the Compatibility tab, select the Run This Program As An Administrator option.
    5. Click OK.
    6. If you see a User Account Control prompt, accept it.

Please log on an Administrator account on your computer to run the game. Or give access to your own primary account.

Run the patcher as an administrator to fix this issue.

How to permanently run the file as administrator?

1. Navigate to the InsanityFlyFF folder. For example, C:\Program Files\InsanityFlyFF
    2. Right-click the program icon (1. Insanity FlyFF.exe).
    3. Choose Properties.
    4. On the Compatibility tab, select the Run This Program As An Administrator option.
    5. Click OK.
    6. If you see a User Account Control prompt, accept it.

You need to have Visual C++ 2005 installed.

1. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26347
    2. Download and install vcredist_x86.EXE, even if you have 64bit Windows.
    3. Run the patcher and retry

The ‘Not a Valid Win32 Application’ is triggered due to multiple reasons, such as:
    - Unsuccessful program installation due to damaged disc/CD
    - Corrupted or incompatible file (Reinstall)
    - Hard drive is loaded with bad and invalid entries (use CCleaner or similar programs)
    - Malware invasion or viral infection (Scan computer with Malwarebytes and/or your anti-virus of choice)

This means you files are out of date. Close the client and run the patcher.

If the error still occurs delete Neuz.exe, flyff.a, data.res, dataSub1.res and dataSub2.res and repatch your client.

This will force your patcher to repatch the files to the latest version.

If the error still occurs, delete your client completely and download the latest client from the Insanity website.

Can you get to the login screen?

Do you get an error message upon login?

The server is currently under maintenance. Check the forums or our Discord for information on the downtime.

Wait at least 15 seconds before trying again! If you try again before the timer ends, it will tell you the password is wrong even if you wrote it correctly.

1. Make sure your Caps Lock is turned off when typing your password.

2. Make sure you are running 1. Insanity FlyFF.exe and NOT Insanity Flyff Test Patcher.exe
    The test patcher is only available to testers at specific times.

3. Forgot your password? Use the 'Forgot Password' function on the Insanity website.

Do you get an error message upon choosing a channel?

This means the channel is currently full. (maximum amount of users)
    Try logging onto a different channel.

My client loads forever after selecting a character

This means the login and/or World server might be down! Visit the Forums or the Insanity Discord to see if the staff is aware of the issue.
    If not, contact a staff member!

My client crashes after entering my character PIN

This can mean two things;

1. Your World and/or Item folder is out of date. To fix; completely delete your client and download the latest client off the Insanity website.

2. Your character is stuck in an unknown place. Contact a staff member so they can teleport you out.
    You have to time your login with the Game Master, so they can teleport you as soon as you login. You might crash again after teleportation, but after logging in again it should be fixed.

My mouse cursor is flickering/moving all over the place

To fix this problem go to your Insanity FlyFF folder and then right-click on Neuz.exe. Select Properties and click on the Compatibility tab. Then mark the check box labeled "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" then press Apply and OK. Run the game and your mouse problems should be fixed.

If you are still experiencing a glitchy cursor in game, go to your Mouse Settings in Windows Settings and disable 'pointer precision' in its settings.

Certain item icons are invisible in my inventory

To fix this issue download the latest client off the Insanity website.

I crash when I open another player's shop

To fix this issue download the latest client off the Insanity website.

I can't see my own Wings/Mask

In game; press Start > Options
    In the Options menu 'check' the View Mask option.

You have reached the end of the Troubleshoot Guide. For further assistance create a ticket on our Ticket Support System or visit our Discord.
    Ticket: http://ticket.insanityflyff.com/
    Discord: https://discord.gg/fY8qm3t

The client doesn't load after pressing START or loads up a white-screen and closes right after.

This issue is caused by the following:

1. Corrupted Res Files - To fix; delete flyff.a, data.res, dataSub1.res and dataSub2.res and re-patch your client.

2. Conflict with Your Anti-Virus or Firewall - To Fix add Neuz.exe and 1. Insanity FlyFF.exe to your anti-virus and firewall exclusions list, and re-patch your client.

3. Another program is blocking the Neuz from loading. Known programs that cause this issue: Hamachi, AVG, BitDefender, Microsoft Windows Defender, McAfee, and most anti-virus softwares. Adware is also known for causing this issue, like PremiereOpinions. To get rid of adware scan your system with any adware removal tool. (I recommend Malwarebytes).

If you are using a Mac and facing issues, visit this guide made by @Optical :
    Guide For Mac OS Users

If you are experiencing error messages afterwards, go through the Windows troubleshoot tab.

Last edited by Yousername; 8th April 2018 at 12:29 PM. Reason: WOAH UPDATE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    46 (137 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post

I like this one :p
    dat 'i r hev prob' cracked me up xD

Vagrant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    0 (0 Banked)

how about Code: 3 result: 6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    0 (0 Banked)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    0 (0 Banked)

The instructions above didnt work for me :(

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 10583
Size:  16.7 KB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    66 (0 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by mikaeehl View Post
    The instructions above didnt work for me :(

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 10583
Size:  16.7 KB
    did you follow correctly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    0 (0 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by cram View Post
    did you follow correctly?
    Yes i followed it correctly, step by step. Still no luck for it to work :( ive been trying it for days already T.T

Wik
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    5,760 (0 Banked)
    Items GM Name Style ChangeNabcakeOrange Juice AddictGM User Title Style Change

Quote Originally Posted by mikaeehl View Post
    Yes i followed it correctly, step by step. Still no luck for it to work :( ive been trying it for days already T.T
    Try the New Most Fixes I just uploaded! 3.1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    0 (0 Banked)

Hi again guys. still didnt work for me :'( </3 here's what i did:

- downloaded the game from mediafire
    - extracted it
    - opened the launcher but i got the error 12031
    - i deleted the neuz.ini and neuz.exe
    - i patched it again then now i got the error 12029
    - i turned off my firewall and anti-virus and patched it again
    - still got the error 12029 then i downloaded the most fix
    - extracted it to the insanity flyff folder
    - repatched and still got the error 12029.

I'm running out of patience here guys. badly need your help :( thanks in advance

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    0 (0 Banked)

thanks Wik, its very Helpful :D

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast