Like Like:  0

Thread: Slayer coving question

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    77 (0 Banked)

Question Slayer coving question

Just wanted to ask, but also, yes I know there is already guides for cove, but they are
    outdated and some of the bosses got their hp buffed, like the krr. I was wondering, at what
    gear tier would it be safe to start coving? What I mean by this, is that how geared do you
    have to be to not die as much so that the drops/CESS outweigh using so many 13mil ress scrolls?

Currently I got:
    x1 standard FireX/42%ia rune/pve awake/xtal+5 Male axe
    x1 baku axe (will be replaced in the future)
    normal +10 tenshi slayer set
    leos set IA/adoch/speed awakes
    Stated set/Coh/DFM
    and last, my buff pet 9/9, usual adoch/speed beads.

I'm not confident that this will be able to solo cove, so I wanted to know,
    do I have to get xtal+10, another xtal+5 axe first? I'm obviously just killing easy bosses atm
    for the fast BC, but the cost of ress scrolls is a turn off for coving.
    I got a lvl 300 Seraph, but he gets aggroed by Krr and dies, so I cant keep him near my slayer for krr boss.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    66 (0 Banked)

Default Re: Slayer coving question

Quote Originally Posted by maximusmax View Post
    Just wanted to ask, but also, yes I know there is already guides for cove, but they are
    outdated and some of the bosses got their hp buffed, like the krr. I was wondering, at what
    gear tier would it be safe to start coving? What I mean by this, is that how geared do you
    have to be to not die as much so that the drops/CESS outweigh using so many 13mil ress scrolls?

Currently I got:
    x1 standard FireX/42%ia rune/pve awake/xtal+5 Male axe
    x1 baku axe (will be replaced in the future)
    normal +10 tenshi slayer set
    leos set IA/adoch/speed awakes
    Stated set/Coh/DFM
    and last, my buff pet 9/9, usual adoch/speed beads.

I'm not confident that this will be able to solo cove, so I wanted to know,
    do I have to get xtal+10, another xtal+5 axe first? I'm obviously just killing easy bosses atm
    for the fast BC, but the cost of ress scrolls is a turn off for coving.
    I got a lvl 300 Seraph, but he gets aggroed by Krr and dies, so I cant keep him near my slayer for krr boss.
    To survive Krr and the other mini bosses prior to crystal meteo you'll want around 2m hp (with a melee class such as FM/Slayer) and as much block as you can afford without sacrificing too much damage (preferably 80-85%), so add dex and eventually craft allstat into your weapons. The mini bosses hit within 1.3-1.7m ish rage hits so if you're sitting anywhere more than that you should be safe. Rock and Mush bosses stun frequently so that will get annoying. Be careful of the crystal imps (they hit over 2m) and the mobs spawned by Mush will cause issues for 1v1 classes if neglected.

As for gear you need +10 set for block. Slayers are lacking in the block department without crafted items/max leveled weapons and +10 sets so you need to compensate with adding dex into your build and even some sta for cushion. Malefic axe as your main hand is a great start, and yeah work towards another malefic axe or sword as your offhand. Your main hand axe is going to be your priority when it comes to xtal upgrading (then your set) since the bonuses are pretty nice. For offhand you really don't need to upgrade past crystal +10 since they're treated like shields (stat-wise) and won't benefit from +12-20 bonuses.

Ontop of a bosshunting character you might want to consider making an aoe character such as a seraph (just gear yours up a bit) or arcanist to aoe farm for money in Forgotten Island. Take advantage of all the avenues of farming and you''ll eventually have the funds needed to solo everything, let alone cove. PvE here is easy and almost brainless once you're settled in.

Quick Edit: Don't invest too much into your Tenshi set btw because you'll be better off putting money into a Duelist (your end game PvE Slayer set). A clean set costs around 400p so definitely keep this set as your goal in terms of armor. You can also try to buy an already upgraded one with average awakes for 800- 1.4k perin.

Add a soul leech bead into your buff pet so you won't need to heal until stunlocked by a boss

----------
    For Meteo I'd advise getting 2.4m hp with +20 water elemented into your weapons and suit to ease the pain. Once he's in rage he hits HARD but water on your suit will reduce the damage he deals to you. Learning his A-B-A-B attack pattern will severely lessen your ress scroll spamming because he does KO every 8-6 hits.
    Last edited by Hizaruu; 13th March 2018 at 07:32 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    77 (0 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by Hizaruu View Post
    To survive Krr and the other mini bosses prior to crystal meteo you'll want around 2m hp (with a melee class such as FM/Slayer) and as much block as you can afford without sacrificing too much damage (preferably 80-85%), so add dex and eventually craft allstat into your weapons. The mini bosses hit within 1.3-1.7m ish rage hits so if you're sitting anywhere more than that you should be safe. Rock and Mush bosses stun frequently so that will get annoying. Be careful of the crystal imps (they hit over 2m) and the mobs spawned by Mush will cause issues for 1v1 classes if neglected.

As for gear you need +10 set for block. Slayers are lacking in the block department without crafted items/max leveled weapons and +10 sets so you need to compensate with adding dex into your build and even some sta for cushion. Malefic axe as your main hand is a great start, and yeah work towards another malefic axe or sword as your offhand. Your main hand axe is going to be your priority when it comes to xtal upgrading (then your set) since the bonuses are pretty nice. For offhand you really don't need to upgrade past crystal +10 since they're treated like shields (stat-wise) and won't benefit from +16-20 bonuses.

Ontop of a bosshunting character you might want to consider making an aoe character such as a seraph (just gear yours up a bit) or arcanist to aoe farm for money in Forgotten Island. Take advantage of all the avenues of farming and you''ll eventually have the funds needed to solo everything, let alone cove. PvE here is easy and almost brainless once you're settled in.

Quick Edit: Don't invest too much into your Tenshi set btw because you'll be better off in putting money into a Duelist (your end game PvE Slayer set). A clean set costs around 400p so definitely keep this set as your goal in terms of armor. You can also try to buy an already upgraded one with average awakes for 800- 1.4k perin.
    Thanks for the advice, appreciate it. Seems like I just need to get a better mainhand, or 2nd male axe, and some duelist set. Also, yes my tenshi
    is a filler, I knew about duelist but that price tag is too much for me atm. Thanks for the info, I'll make sure to reach that hp/block before trying to cove comfortably.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    66 (0 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by maximusmax View Post
    Thanks for the advice, appreciate it. Seems like I just need to get a better mainhand, or 2nd male axe, and some duelist set. Also, yes my tenshi
    is a filler, I knew about duelist but that price tag is too much for me atm. Thanks for the info, I'll make sure to reach that hp/block before trying to cove comfortably.
    I edited Meteo advice into last post, but I'm not sure you saw it so here;

For Meteo I'd advise getting 2.4m hp with +20 water elemented into your weapons and suit to ease the pain. Once he's in rage he hits HARD but water on your suit will reduce the damage he deals to you. Learning his A-B-A-B attack pattern will severely lessen your ress scroll spamming because he does KO every 8-6 hits.

Add a soul leech bead into your buff pet so you won't need to heal until stunlocked by a boss

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    77 (0 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by Hizaruu View Post
    I edited Meteo advice into last post, but I'm not sure you saw it so here;

I see, so I got to learn his attack pattern, I will just copy and paste your advice on some notepad to remember when I have my gear ready haha.
    Never really got into that pattern stuff, just ress spam and pang summons. Thanks.

Rookie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    0 (0 Banked)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beads.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	9424

use this 9 beads

Boss Drop = Lykanos drops in Animus/CursedAnimus Dungeons
    Last edited by ImSexyAndIKnowIt; 13th March 2018 at 10:52 AM.