Vagrant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default New Player Questions

I am a new player here , though I used to play a few siege servers during v12-15.

I was looking for a tank for the different dungeons and was thinking about making a knight, but wasn't sure if that was the best tank on this server. I won't have access to donor gear so mainly looking at medium gear.

Also with some of the insane awakes this server has I assume, I would need donor gear to siege effectively as a BP?

I looked at one of the other threads and it said that Slayer/FM were the top damage dealers for PvE. When I used to play it used to be arca/ment due to the heavy block rate on bosses, are the rates nerfed here to where auto attacking classes can out damage mages?

Title
    Recruit
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Re: New Player Questions

It's easier to get max block for AA classes here especially for slayer (they got the highest dex to block ratio) that's why they are recommended here for doing boss hunts, and yes slayers and fms outdamages mage classes by a large margin on this server. Tanks are not needed on this server, you only need 80% block (by adding dex) and 1.5-2.5m hp (by doing the eel bug, where you use all your hp buffs and go full sta then use eel, then after that use re-stat to put your stat on desired stat class) to dungeon run here comfortably.

about sieging, well you need tons of perins to be effective, be it an asal or adoch bp.

About pve gears you can start out pretty cheap with pve sets, they're everywhere on the market. it might get costy if you are slayer though because their pve parts are highly sought.

I don't know why I'm babbling too much. ill just summon @Gabriel here, ask him anything he knows the game like the back if his hand.

Title
    Dignitary
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

hey , waw @Yuju

firstly welcome!
    most adoch classes can solo bosses and no longer require for tanks , that being said bosses have a lot of HP and the average boss hunting char must have atleast 2m+ Hp and 80+ block rate , this can be achieved by atleast 2k+ valued Equipment

and id advise not to start with a Templar , try a Seraph(to buff you and early stages of farming) , and then do a Crackshooter (as your starter boss hunting char) then move up to an Arcanist or Slayer (to up your Aoe Farming or Bosshunting Game)

personally id start out with a Seraph , do farming with it and then just gear it up until i can afford a bosshunting pack for my Crackshooter and then , game begin really

Title
    Vagrant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    hey , waw @Yuju

firstly welcome!
    most adoch classes can solo bosses and no longer require for tanks , that being said bosses have a lot of HP and the average boss hunting char must have atleast 2m+ Hp and 80+ block rate , this can be achieved by atleast 2k+ valued Equipment

and id advise not to start with a Templar , try a Seraph(to buff you and early stages of farming) , and then do a Crackshooter (as your starter boss hunting char) then move up to an Arcanist or Slayer (to up your Aoe Farming or Bosshunting Game)

personally id start out with a Seraph , do farming with it and then just gear it up until i can afford a bosshunting pack for my Crackshooter and then , game begin really
    I see, apparently I had played this server really long time ago and still had a knight and a crackshooter, even with 2.1m hp I still got 1 shot by the regular aminus dungeon boss with his rage crit. Is there a HP req guide I can look at for bosses incase I get unlucky with my blocks? (As in highest damage possible by each boss)

Also what do you mean by bosshunting pack?

~Thanks in advance

Title
    Vagrant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hahawhatisgoingon View Post
    I see, apparently I had played this server really long time ago and still had a knight and a crackshooter, even with 2.1m hp I still got 1 shot by the regular aminus dungeon boss with his rage crit. Is there a HP req guide I can look at for bosses incase I get unlucky with my blocks? (As in highest damage possible by each boss)

Also what do you mean by bosshunting pack?

~Thanks in advance
    If you have 2.1M HPs and 85% blockrate most bosses should be a piece of cake, really. (Especially with crackshooters.) As he said, be sure you do the grilled-eel bug aswell.

There isn't any guide (as far as I'm concerned) that lists the damages of the different bosses, but my own Crackshooter has 1.5-1.8m HPs with 85% block and I can kill all the bosses without specific problems. (I die 2-3x in Cove, Kalgas, Queen sometimes too)

By bosshunting pack I guess he refers to all the stuff you need to be efficient. (PvE set, Malefic XTAL Weap, Sagis/Leos/Libras/Tauruss set, etc., and ressu scrolls and all the premiums that come with it.)