Title
    Vagrant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Screen goes white then crashes after pressing start in patcher.

Hi, im trying to log in for the first time to try out the servers and I go to launch the client and the screen goes white and displays the sword cursor for about 30+ seconds and then closes immediately. Ive tried downloading the bug fixes folder and that didnt work, also used the manual patcher and that didnt work as well. Im running windows 7 64 bit and have added the necessary error files. Ive also lowered the starting resolution on the patcher to the smallest possible and lowest settings.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Title
    Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default Re: Screen goes white then crashes after pressing start in patcher.

You should add InsanityFlyff on your antivirus and firewall exceptions list.
    And with those screenshots we cannot help you, post here your Errors Log please:

These can be located in the Log folder where you installed InsanityFlyff.

the file you need will be the most recent one which is named error_[date].txt (not the .log file)

Please ignore the follwing files as they are not relevent to game breaking bugs:-
    network_[date].txt
    DisconnectLog_[date].txt
    eh_[date].txt
    error_[date].log

This will hopeefully help us better understand your issue.

Title
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

xenozero, I was experiencing the same issue yesterday. I will tell you how I fixed it, but it's not sure if it's gonna help you at all.

I made a System Restore. If you don't know how to do it, you may look on google, but here's a short "guide":

Right click on My Computer > Properties > Advanced System Settings > System Protection > System Restore

Give me a feedback if it works or not.

Title
    Vagrant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ive tried the system restore, all it did was delete the patcher in the insanity flyff folder resulting in a re-install. Ive tried to locate the log txt file in question but ive never been able to successfully log into insanity flyff so the only file in the log folder is called network_20171013.log which in un-uploadable. That file is an empty file at 0kb. Additional attempts at logging in have resulted in a longer hang time before crashing.

Title
    Veteran
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Check in Game Options your graphics settings and BG/Item Effects. Turn them off and on Low. And disable weather.

Title
    Wik
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

This issue is usually caused by firewall or anti-virus.

Try adding Neuz.exe and the 1. Insanity FlyFF.exe launcher to the whitelist/exceptions of your anti-virus of choice.

If it didn't work after doing that;

If you have an Antivirus like Norton, AVG, or things similar... Open it and go to your "Vault". It should say that it BLOCKED access to using whatever application you tried to run (in this case FlyFF). Simply RESTORE the application in the vault and run the client again, the game will start.

*Allowing a program as an exception doesn't prevent it from being blocked and added from the Vault. It took me a while to figure this out.

BitDefender is also known to mess with things. If you have it it's better to get rid of it completely.

OR finally, change the compatibility settings of the Neuz.exe by right clicking > properties.

Title
    Vagrant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've tried allowing it in my firewall, allowing it through my antivirus (it was caught before) and I'm going to try to change it's compatibility settings. It still just goes to white and the music plays in the background while the cursor changes to the flyff cursor then crashes after 20secs or so