Title
    Rookie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Self-upgrade or just buy a +20 m.axe?

I have 500p. Which is better, I upgrade to +20 myself, or farm more to be able to buy it directly?
    Also which is cheaper, a level 120 axe but not +20, or a +20 axe but not level 120 yet? ofc both are crafted all stats.

Title
    Liaison
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Default Re: Self-upgrade or just buy a +20 m.axe?

Lvl 120 but not +20 is cheaper than a +20 but not Lv120, as far as I know.

Probably with 500p you can't make any weapon +20 (crystal) neither buy a +20 weapon... unless you're really lucky.

IGN: K1NGP1N / RedFS

Title
    Rookie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I know it's not enough so I said to farm more..
    Back to farming I guess. Thanks!

Title
    Senior
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I'd farm more and buy a +20 Axe with all stat +1 (+2 str works fine aswell). Getting the max craft on your weap still takes long if you can't access the weapon leveling area in SR and it's pretty expensive unless you're very lucky. Each craft scroll costs 38p. You sometimes need just 2 or 3, but players often use 10-15 to get the right craft. The value of 15 crafts is almost half of the price of a fully upgraded male axe +20 with lvl 120 all stat craft, max runes and a decent awake. So what i'm trying to point out here is that it's a lot cheaper to buy an upgraded axe than to make your own.

~IronLung

Title
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Racc View Post
    I'd farm more and buy a +20 Axe with all stat +1 (+2 str works fine aswell). Getting the max craft on your weap still takes long if you can't access the weapon leveling area in SR and it's pretty expensive unless you're very lucky. Each craft scroll costs 38p. You sometimes need just 2 or 3, but players often use 10-15 to get the right craft. The value of 15 crafts is almost half of the price of a fully upgraded male axe +20 with lvl 120 all stat craft, max runes and a decent awake. So what i'm trying to point out here is that it's a lot cheaper to buy an upgraded axe than to make your own.
    What if I have a lvl 11 axe which may or may not +12 on my next attempt, so it's basically a +8, but it has already x2 str craft(but around lvf 45) and I have some CESS lying around and a decent amount of Perin for a noob like me :3 is it still ok to upgrade the axe? or just save for something like a 1.4kp Axe? (I could still sell my axe for 400-500p I guess)
    Femme Fatale

IGN: PuroKishi = Slayer
    TwinkeLily, LittleCoveRunner = Alts
    NoBuffsAllowed, NoBuffsRequired = my Trusted buffers

Title
    Senior
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

You have to decide that, both options could work. If you're a gambler, upgrade the axe by yourself. If you prefer safety, sell your axe and buy a fully upgraded axe. I don't like risks, so i'd sell the axe and buy another one.

~IronLung

Title
    Elder
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

its sometimes cheaper to make your own but often its more convenient to get a second hand one , but not all of us can afford those.

but working for it by farming and upgrading it step by step also has an up side.
    before weapon leveling room/pve sets we were able to run cove and level our weapons on cove mobs and chief/basilisk it would often take us 2 weeks to max our weapons there , it also gives the weapon leveling/upgrading process fun ^^