Title
    Participant
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Creating a mentalist

[B]Hi everyone! I'm still particularly new to the game and all I did since I came back after my 2 years hiatus was farm and Sell stuff.
    Now I want to gear up a mentalist to be a decent boss hunter, penya/rc/mht farmer. Now others might say that Arcanists are a thousand times better at doing the farming part butI really like metalists because I think they are really cool and badass (and can do boss hunting which arcanists can't). I already tried both arcanists and menta and I am liking mentalists a lot more even tho they have a horrible casting time.

Right now these are what I have with me after farming for almost a month (well, I'm on and off on farming FI because it is really boring)

Libras Set +20
    Malefic Wand Xtal +5 IA runes 38% all statx1 craft
    Conqueror Shield Xtal +5 all statx2craft
    Illusionist Set +10 4/4 48% IA
    200 IP CS
    Pet Fox 1/3/5/7/9
    Pick Up pet
    Cloak Of the Wyrm
    Aura Wing Mask
    and some 50perin left after I bought all those stuffs

Nothing has an awake worth Mentioning yet, just random INT, DCT and Speed awakes.

So here are my questions
    1. What should I focus first? Upgrading the armor set to +10xtal or Upgrading the weapon to +20xtal and shield to +10xtal
    2. How much perin would it take to upgrade the wand to +20 if you're quite unlucky?
    If possible please make the answer look like this: If you're lucky it will take you atleast X perins and if you're unlucky, at worst you'll have to spend X perins.
    3. Do I put Land Card X on shield or Water Card X?
    4. What are the kind of awakes I should look for? I'm willing to farm for tons of UAS if needed (I can be patient as long as I know that I'll get what I want after all the boredom i'll need to go through)
    5. When should I buy a mega pet? Do I buy a Mega Lion? or a Mega Fox?
    6. The same question as the second one, but for the armor set.
    7. Is Taurus set necessary to reach 2m hp?

Well that's all for now, I know they aren't the best on the things I want to do on this server but I don't really mind as I really like the Class so much. Thanks in Advance for those who are going to give answers <3

Title
    Vagrant
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Re: Creating a mentalist

1. I'd personally say set and shield first, then weapons, as it's easier.

2. Average I've found to be ~2-300p, but it could probably easily go to 500p if unlucky.

3. WCX, Because damage.

4. Pve/int/ia in order.

5. Fairly soon, the stat boost is pretty huge. Again mega fox, for damage.

6. Armor set will be much cheaper, since you've got a safezone at +8, and you can get to +6 with ces easy. I'd say ~200p if unlucky.

7. Not necessary, but it helps a bit.

Hope this helps! Keep in mind these are my opinions, so there may be better ways of doing it and I might not be perfectly accurate

Title
    Participant
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

is that 200p on armor is per piece? thanks dude i'll take everything you told me into consideration <3

- - - Updated - - -

and when should I use CESS when upgrading xtal stuff?

Title
    Prodigy
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuju View Post
    is that 200p on armor is per piece? thanks dude i'll take everything you told me into consideration <3

- - - Updated - - -

and when should I use CESS when upgrading xtal stuff?
    If lucky, 200 for the whole armor, but as said. it still depends on your luck, and Yes, CES and CESS is used to upgrade xtal stuff :)

[
    ]

All of my Signature's by Your's Truly.

Title
    Apprentice
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1. Get the wep up first, the ABS, HP, Pve and PvP are all incredibly helpful stats. After that, set and shield can be done in any order.
    2. Better off buying a +20 one, of course that's unrealistic since you are farming. I know some people who have spent 4kp to get it to +20, and some who have spent 100p. It's all luck. The upgrading system is really bad and needs a revamp.
    3. Depends, you don't need too much more than 2.5m ish hp, but Land Cards also have more usable stats than water.
    4. In this order: HP = IA, PvE (if PvE oriented), STA, INT.
    5. This comes later, your +20 weapon and +10 set will give you more stats and will hopefully be cheaper.
    6. Titan is a PvP set, if it's PvE you want, then Illusionist is 100x better.
    7. I prefer Libras as the actual stats you get from it are more beneficial than Taurus, however Taurus parts are easier to find. You do not need taurus to reach that hp, it makes it easier but it's not needed. This ones more on your awakes.

I'd try and focus on getting a Trin set too, it's incredibly helpful, pricey but worth it.

As a general rule of thumb, buying gear will always be cheaper than making it. Items lose their value, doesn't matter if you spent 10kp to get an item worth 1kp, it's still 1kp. As such buying things instead of making them yourself is more helpful in the long run (if you are patient).

Title
    Recruit
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Most of the time, I only use up an average of 25~50CESS to get my whole armor set to +10 and I mostly just farm my own Ces unless I've ran out, then I'll buy some at the market.
    Making a weapon to +20 is a big gamble.. I'd rather that you'd just buy one.. But if you're lucky, it'll just take 30~50CESS to +20 your weapons :) g'luck!

Title
    Participant
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

to be honest I don't really like the idea of buying an already upgraded weapon because it makes the game less rewarding for me. I don't really mind if I go mad because of failing like a million times on upgrading because it will just make it feel more rewarding once I get the upgrade level I desire. It has always worked that way for me on all of the mmorpgs I have played before. You can even call me a masochist because I like doing everything the hard way xD.

now I have new questions if you guys don't mind.

How should I level my shield?
    And Do I just go for Water Card X for both Shield and Weapon for faster weapon leveling? And Is it worth it to sacrifice the stats I get from LCX in exchange of the additional DCT that the WCX will give me because as I have seen from your suggestions, DCT doesn't have a place in my gears as an awake. So I'll probably just go WCX and get the DCT.