Thread: Ban Alt/Smurf/Twink - Chars out of Faction

Vagrant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    0 (0 Banked)

Lightbulb Ban Alt/Smurf/Twink - Chars out of Faction

Hey,

I would like to Post the Suggestion, to ban the Alt-Chars of good Players from Faction.
    Faction is a PVP-Based Map with some Bosses inside.
    Pro or Good Players who plays a longer Time on Insanity stay "semi-afk" at the bosses to look if they are there.
    If the Boss spawns the Player relogs and comes with his good character to kill the Boss and loot it/get Faction Points.

For players who are semi-geared (needs ~1-2 min per Boss) are not able to kill the boss before he/she relogs and kills the semi-geared character.

I spoke to some other "new"-Members with semi-geared characters. Everyone who is doing Faction have problems with it.
    Staying afk or semi-afk in Faction is not that hard with the rank "nubcake" as with "grandmaster". Killing an afk "grandmaster" would give me a Way more Points!

How to solve the Problem:
    At the moment you are only able to log into Faction with only one Character. That is a good beginning!
    To solve the problem we need a timeout/cooldown for characters in Faction.(like 10 min)

Example: I am leaving Faction now with my Character "faction1". And then starts a 10 min cooldown. So I am allowed to join Faction with my character "faction2" first after 10 min.

This would be my suggestion.
    Additional results can be, that there are more "really" active people in Faction and that the bosses does not get camped from alt-Chars.

Thank you. Sometimes I am struggeling with my english. Sorry for that.
    Let the discussion begin!

Greetings,
    Fanta

Veteran

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    810 (0 Banked)
    Items KawaiiUser Title Style Change (15 days)NabcakeCookie Addict

Default Re: Ban Alt/Smurf/Twink - Chars out of Faction

Your suggestion will be impossible because then we will need an admin 24/7 in faction map to control everyone which won't happen.

Rookie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    0 (0 Banked)

I agree with Fanta. It's not fair against new players who try to gear up. The greedy players that have those afk 'boss-spotters' are most of the time already geared up and all what they do is selling the faction points. Of course this is smart, but for the new players, It's not fun. (The smartest faction hunters even know how the spawntimer works)

If insanity want the new players to stay on this server, then they have to change this. I have to different options in my mind:
    - Make is possible that only 1 account each ip-adress is able to enter the faction
    - Create a new rule that you can only have 1 account in the faction

I know the last one is a lot of extra work for the admins, they're already busy enough lol. But if you check this ones a day or 2 and giving out bans, (also their main character) then they will listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikalu View Post
    Your suggestion will be impossible because then we will need an admin 24/7 in faction map to control everyone which won't happen.
    Dont need to. Those faction watchers will be on 24/7, so the admin only has to check ones or twice a day maybe.
    Last edited by Froggs; 11th March 2017 at 12:57 PM.

Thanks Wik (Yousername)

Dignitary
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    4 (3,234 Banked)

the guys who would actually go to faction map are 90% non-donors whod get semi-end to end gears and which means that they had earned for 24/7 and they did not just got there just slacking off so it may seem unfair but its just how it is , so better get some pals and bring them down.
    in my opinion its fairly unfair -1

best option is a rework of how you can get points out of faction , perhaps a quest/errand related point acquisition

Rookie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    0 (0 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    the guys who would actually go to faction map are 90% non-donors whod get semi-end to end gears and which means that they had earned for 24/7 and they did not just got there just slacking off so it may seem unfair but its just how it is , so better get some pals and bring them down.
    in my opinion its fairly unfair -1

best option is a rework of how you can get points out of faction , perhaps a quest/errand related point acquisition
    Unfair? Unfair for the people who cant open multiple clients and are have worse gear then the rest

Thanks Wik (Yousername)

Dignitary
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    4 (3,234 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by Froggs View Post
    Unfair? Unfair for the people who cant open multiple clients and are have worse gear then the rest
    faction isnt supposed to be fair , its the end game instance where you get the trin/titan gears , having people go inside it and whine how unfairly directed it is to the semi-end to end gear people is exactly the point why it isnt for everyone.

Rookie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    0 (0 Banked)

faction isnt supposed to be fair , its the end game instance where you get the trin/titan gears , having people go inside it and whine how unfairly directed it is to the semi-end to end gear people is exactly the point why it isnt for everyone.
    Mweh. In my eyes it's afk-farming, and that should be punished.

And really, those people farming the faction right now are geared up already, all they want is making money. I have no problem with that, but don't farm those faction points having afk accounts on every spot.

If you think it's unfair for the end gamers, because those semi-endgamers do not have the gear yet, then how should semi-end-geared people get their gear? If those end-gamers really want to farm those faction points, then they have to work for it, like any other player.

Thanks Wik (Yousername)

Banned
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    41 (0 Banked)

fairly unfair
    i dont care about any of this but i thought dis was funny

Vagrant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    0 (0 Banked)

Lightbulb Re: Ban Alt/Smurf/Twink - Chars out of Faction

I have no problem with good geared players or donors who kill me.
    But i have problems with it, if they stay afk with their "nubcake"-rank and farm the bosses with their "grandmaster".
    I can kill afk-nubcake players ofc. I can kill afk-grandmaster ofc. But I would get much more points killing an afk grandmaster!

The Question is why the people dont want to stay there with their good-geared chars.
    Of course, they loose time, cant farm other instances at the same time, or something other things.

With this feature, Faction would become more active and/or semi-geared players are able to kill the bosses if noone is there only staying afk looking when the boss spawns.

Its normal that they want to make money. But I hate it when they "abuse" the System. The IP-Ban is made, because people comes into Faction with multiple characters.

Hope you now understand me. There is no really good argument, why you should not change it! Otherwise you do not understand the real idea of the Faction System.

Apprentice
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Forum Points
    356 (0 Banked)

Quote Originally Posted by Gemineye View Post
    i dont care about any of this but i thought dis was funny
    Then don't post on it.
    On Topic:
    As I see it, faction only really benefits those who get the kills on the Bosses themselves, currently. They'll kill off anyone trying to kill the boss, using a horde of semi-geared players. Alts/Smurfs shouldn't really matter, since they're just WATCHING, however an AFK timer in Faction wouldn't be a bad thing. The timers are really easy to keep track of if you're the ones killing the bosses as well, meaning you're running haphazardly into faction as a stand alone player.

Faction isn't really high on my priorities, since I have SR(super hyped since it's almost ready!), and many other tasks to take care of.

©WIK

©AmyCake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast