Insanity Discord Channel

Thread: Permanent Equipments for a Arcanist Farmer

Pandemonium
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Permanent Equipments for a Arcanist Farmer

I have chosen Arcanist as my farming character since it is the most suggested job on Leveling/ PvE purposes (gonna do Slayer later in the near future and I'll probably create another question thread for the Slayer job.), so here are my questions (please bare with me I haven't played any Flyff servers for over 7 years so I've completely forgotten how everything works. You can call me a super noob.):

Job Questions (Arcanist):

1. What equipments/awakes/pets etc. should I focus on (that focuses on PvE)? I'm not sure whether should I aim for end game equipment since I'm mostly gonna use my Arcanist to farm for Penya/ Perins
    2. Which stat should I improve if I'm an Arca?
    3. Are arcanist useful inside dungeons?

General Questions:

1. What are the End - Game Equipments here in Insanity Flyff?
    2. Are End - Game Equipments/Pets/Upgrade Items etc. available in Penya/Perins? Or do I have to donate just to get one?
    3. What's the difference between Red and Blue Chips?

Please if you have links that could help, I would certainly be grateful. I'm still lost inside the game, just got my Arca at Lv. 60 (too lazy to level up), I need friends too lol.

"No one can escape death."
    Malthael, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Brazil
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Re: Permanent Equipments for a Arcanist Farmer

Job Questions (Arcanist)

1. Since you want it just for penya/rc farming, any equipment that allows you to kill monsters quickly will do. I would recomend the following:
    - Baku Staff or Malefic Staff (better)
    - Any good awakened set... but probably you'll only find Tenshi Imperial
    - 200 IP Statted CS set... which you can buy from players or obtain donating.
    - Cloak of Honor (80 Vote Points in the Item Mall - Website).
    - Any Jewelry/Mask with good awakes.

As for awakes, you should aim for INT (Normal awakes) or INT/PvE%/Increased Attack % (Unique Awakening Scroll).

2. Arcanists need INT as main stat, but some STA is not bad, depends how hard tanking the monsters actually feels for you.

3. It might be... if you want to kill the regular monsters quickly... as for boss hunting... I think some arcas actually hunt bosses but you'll probably need better equipment, and there are many better classes out there...

General Questions

1. End Game Gears are the following
    - Trinium Dragon CS
    - Trinium Weapons
    - Titanium Sets
    - Mega Pet

2. You can obtain them from the Faction map... but you'll need a very good gear to obtain points, since it's a, let's call it, "end-game pvp/pve system"... you can also get it from other players.
    Mega Pet you can only obtain through donation or buying from others.

3. You obtain Red Chips by farming regular monsters in the RC Farming Areas (check the buff pang, it sells blinkwings if I'm not mistaken), while Blue Chips are obtainable through boss hunting. Both allows you to obtain different items, so you should check the RC and BC Shop in Flaris (I think SM and Darkon 2 also have them).

The Forest
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthael View Post
    Job Questions (Arcanist):

1. What equipments/awakes/pets etc. should I focus on (that focuses on PvE)? I'm not sure whether should I aim for end game equipment since I'm mostly gonna use my Arcanist to farm for Penya/ Perins
    2. Which stat should I improve if I'm an Arca?
    3. Are arcanist useful inside dungeons?
    1. Tbh, you don't have to spend a lot of money to build a farming arcanist. Especially if you're just gonna move on to something else. At bare minimum, all you need is maybe a baku staff with int diamonds (or IA runes, if you want better damage output). Int/PvE/IA with a little touch of speed to help collect mobs faster. More mobs mean more drops.
    2. Arcanist need int, but a touch of sta would help you, especially at the beginning when you can't tank damage well.
    3. I don't have personal experience with this, but if you're talking about boss hunting, then probably not the best. 1v1 classes tend to be the better choice for boss hunting. BUT, if you're planning on farming cove for CES, I suppose arcanists would be ideal for AoE-ing those mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthael View Post
    General Questions:

1. What are the End - Game Equipments here in Insanity Flyff?
    2. Are End - Game Equipments/Pets/Upgrade Items etc. available in Penya/Perins? Or do I have to donate just to get one?
    3. What's the difference between Red and Blue Chips?
    1. Trin/Titan gear. You can find them in the Item Mall listed under Faction System.
    2. You could donate to get the gear faster, but it's doable to get them in-game for faction points. However, unless you are willing to camp Faction bosses, it's gonna be a long journey for that route.
    3. There are two different shops for Red and Blue Chips. Red chips are dropped from all mobs lvl 120(?)+. You can check out the shop in-game, but mostly people use them to buy consumables. Blue chips are a recent replacement for boss drops. Instead of random drops, bosses (all except blue meteo in cove) drop various amounts of blue chips. The harder the boss, the more they supposedly drop. In the blue chip shop, you can buy armor and weapons which used to drop from those bosses. Basically, instead of getting randoms, you can save up and choose to get the drops you actually want. And now, they've recently added the Rarity scrolls in there, so there's also that.

I hope that helps a little.

Edit: I'll be your friend.
    Last edited by Kona; 9th January 2017 at 08:43 PM.

Pandemonium
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kona View Post
    1. Tbh, you don't have to spend a lot of money to build a farming arcanist. Especially if you're just gonna move on to something else. At bare minimum, all you need is maybe a baku staff with int diamonds (or IA runes, if you want better damage output). Int/PvE/IA with a little touch of speed to help collect mobs faster. More mobs mean more drops.
    2. Arcanist need int, but a touch of sta would help you, especially at the beginning when you can't tank damage well.
    3. I don't have personal experience with this, but if you're talking about boss hunting, then probably not the best. 1v1 classes tend to be the better choice for boss hunting. BUT, if you're planning on farming cove for CES, I suppose arcanists would be ideal for AoE-ing those mobs.

1. Trin/Titan gear. You can find them in the Item Mall listed under Faction System.
    2. You could donate to get the gear faster, but it's doable to get them in-game for faction points. However, unless you are willing to camp Faction bosses, it's gonna be a long journey for that route.
    3. There are two different shops for Red and Blue Chips. Red chips are dropped from all mobs lvl 120(?)+. You can check out the shop in-game, but mostly people use them to buy consumables. Blue chips are a recent replacement for boss drops. Instead of random drops, bosses (all except blue meteo in cove) drop various amounts of blue chips. The harder the boss, the more they supposedly drop. In the blue chip shop, you can buy armor and weapons which used to drop from those bosses. Basically, instead of getting randoms, you can save up and choose to get the drops you actually want. And now, they've recently added the Rarity scrolls in there, so there's also that.

I hope that helps a little.

Edit: I'll be your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by iRed View Post
    Job Questions (Arcanist)

1. Since you want it just for penya/rc farming, any equipment that allows you to kill monsters quickly will do. I would recomend the following:
    - Baku Staff or Malefic Staff (better)
    - Any good awakened set... but probably you'll only find Tenshi Imperial
    - 200 IP Statted CS set... which you can buy from players or obtain donating.
    - Cloak of Honor (80 Vote Points in the Item Mall - Website).
    - Any Jewelry/Mask with good awakes.

As for awakes, you should aim for INT (Normal awakes) or INT/PvE%/Increased Attack % (Unique Awakening Scroll).

2. Arcanists need INT as main stat, but some STA is not bad, depends how hard tanking the monsters actually feels for you.

3. It might be... if you want to kill the regular monsters quickly... as for boss hunting... I think some arcas actually hunt bosses but you'll probably need better equipment, and there are many better classes out there...

General Questions

1. End Game Gears are the following
    - Trinium Dragon CS
    - Trinium Weapons
    - Titanium Sets
    - Mega Pet

2. You can obtain them from the Faction map... but you'll need a very good gear to obtain points, since it's a, let's call it, "end-game pvp/pve system"... you can also get it from other players.
    Mega Pet you can only obtain through donation or buying from others.

3. You obtain Red Chips by farming regular monsters in the RC Farming Areas (check the buff pang, it sells blinkwings if I'm not mistaken), while Blue Chips are obtainable through boss hunting. Both allows you to obtain different items, so you should check the RC and BC Shop in Flaris (I think SM and Darkon 2 also have them).

Thank you both so much. This information will be a lot of help, totally "a lot". Do players still do party dungeons? Or most of them just solo it?

"No one can escape death."
    Malthael, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

Brazil
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

You're welcome. Most of them just solo dungeons.

Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The profit of farming dungeons is so modest, it should be your goal to be able to farm them alone.

IronLung
    Slayer

~ Guild Lead of iCe ~
    ~ oldest still active guild of Flyff ~
    ~ 2006 - 2016 ~