Title
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Rebalance 2017 Discussion

It's great to see something is actually happening, but I'm surprised there is no open discussion on this topic yet. What are your opinions so far? What changes are good, which ones would you like to undo and what is still missing?

First and foremost we need a better overview. The changes should be sorted by class. While Pauls rebalance wasn't the best, at least he gave a good example on how to present the whole thing (click). I realize this one is still in progress, but this chaos makes it hard to give feedback, make suggestions or even find out what changed at all.

Title
    Apprentice
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Default Re: Rebalance 2016 Discussion

I'll allow this, I wanted to wait a week until I posted one but I'll let this be the topic.

PSA: Rebalance is WIP and subject to change as per several things. I will only consider comments made on buffs/nerfs given that they have actual reasoning, and not just something like 'don't nerf my class it's fine as it its!' or 'don't buff that class it was already OP!'. Another note: Testing is also done on live, that is why it is a work in progress. I consider a lot of things when I do these changes, when things don't work out, they are removed. It is that simple. I will listen to ideas but if this thread goes over the top I will close it.

For an easier way to contact me for balance related stuff you can PM me on skype @ 'hyumunu'. Thanks.

edit: I fixed the format of the main post, credits to Paul for his format (I totally stole it).

Title
    Dignitary
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eos View Post
    It's great to see something is actually happening, but I'm surprised there is no open discussion on this topic yet. What are your opinions so far? What changes are good, which ones would you like to undo and what is still missing?

First and foremost we need a better overview. The changes should be sorted by class. While Pauls rebalance wasn't the best, at least he gave a good example on how to present the whole thing (click). I realize this one is still in progress, but this chaos makes it hard to give feedback, make suggestions or even find out what changed at all.
    people who actually benefit from the rebalance are too busy being salty ingame , it be a suprise if they contribute a different class/playstyle into suggestion of rebalance AT ALL!

the only thing that will make them do that is to introduce 2-3 more class play styles in the mix , and to hope that it will push them enough to the extent that they feel the need to have second thoughts about their class main

and well know that gearing for another class is time consuming and IpFriendly which is reasonable enough to ignore

Title
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, so far so good I suppose. I'm just holding my breath for more changes and to settle CS and Templars. CS might get too OP after this. lol
    IGN: MadPotato | VendingPotato
    Guild: Prophecy

Title
    Apprentice
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MadPotato View Post
    Well, so far so good I suppose. I'm just holding my breath for more changes and to settle CS and Templars. CS might get too OP after this. lol
    You'll be holding your breath for awhile cause it'll take a Christmas miracle to make that a reality. I need to fix templar, but crackshooter will probably be left alone for now. It is screwed with a range bug. Right now my goal is to make sieging adochs more rewarding, as currently apart from a few specific people they are pretty bad in comparison to their peers.

Title
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Exiliah View Post
    I'll allow this
    fyp

Title
    Senior
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

It will always be impossible to make everyone happy with new balance patches. That's why balance always has to change periodically. Balance is never static and that's why i was worried there'd be no person who would be good enough to carry out the good approaches of all previous balance teams further. I don't agree with everything Shaun changed [because that's impossible], but he's a worthy successor and the new balance patch is pretty good as a whole. I'm looking forward to see more changes from him.
    IronLung ~ WarrenBuffett ~ SuperHornet

2006 - 2017

Title
    Prodigy
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Other than the obviously needed holy and HC changes, here's a few to discuss:

Seraph gets a disruption skill (maybe instead of current gvur) - disruption skill is basically a mini stun (0.2 sec) that can be casted from range. For example, if someone is running and jumping, you cast the skill to make them stop in the air so your teammates can catch up.

FM's need less HP (whaaaaaat saads says fm has too much hp?) - well the truth is idk if it's just me and a couple other well geared FMs or it's all FMs, but from my experience, FMs have too much HP to the point where even when I'm on strength (or sta with damage swap) *most* full str hops don't kill me and I think that's just bullcrap, no matter the equip if im on str and a str harle hops me i should die. again, idk if this is a universal FM problem as I don't see that many FMs MvP'ing, usually the same 2-3.

Slayers need to be a real glass cannon class - that being said they should'nt also be useless? Maybe something along the lines of being able to move with Ultimate defense with double the cd, but 1handed master gives them -hp%.

Templars - strong class, bullshit hitrate. Get a godly ratio of 8m hp and 4m crits and watch yourself score 4 points, welcome to templar world. No clue how to solve this other than complete block overhaul.

Adoch FM - same as templar, to a lesser extent though.

Arca & Menta - never played - but arca could use changes to echoes and make it a disruption skill (same as proposed seraph change)

Crackshooter - wish this class would just die and burn in hell

Harle - I think it's fine as it is for now.

Just my opinion, dont be pissy.

Title
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FMs HP problem in seige are ASAL FM who can switch to fully HP gears (5 items) run around and wait for their ASAL to cool down then go kaboom on people. But what do I know, i started seige 2 weeks ago xD And in the words of Joey Tribianni; my opinions are a moo(s) point.
    IGN: MadPotato | VendingPotato
    Guild: Prophecy

Title
    Rookie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like (Given)
    Like (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

imho, what's happening in here is basically not about rebalance of the skills or whatsoever. the siege that happened to be rotating on FEW guilds are the things I'm most concerned about. as I've seen on some videos, there are only few guilds who are willing to participate say like 3 or 4 and the winner status are just rotating on those guilds well, to basically gain the chance to get the siege cloaks. meaning, some guilds are in hesitant to participate coz they know won't win.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast