PDA

View Full Version : PVE Competition

Pandy
27th February 2014, 11:47 PM
I would like to have on Insanity server something like Secret Room, to make competition. This server is getting bored since the only we can do is siege and do not many guilds apply, and farming to improve eq for playing in arena?
So I was thinking why not make like Secret room or Guild Battle Royal?

I hope this can be added :)

Example Secret Room:

* Guilds must be at least level 20 to enter the bidding competition to enter the Secret Rooms. Make sure the Guild Leader talks to the Secret Room Manager NPC.
There are 2 NPCs, who are located in Flaris and Darken. The NPC in Flaris manages the East Secret Room, and the NPC in Darken manages the West Secret Room. Guilds can only bid on one room at a time.
Guilds must bid for entry, with 100,000,000 penya being the minimum bid required.
The top eight guilds with the highest bids can enter the Secret Rooms only on Sundays (see schedule below).
Only 10 members, from each of the highest bidding guilds, can actually enter the Secret Rooms—so choose them wisely. Again, make sure the Guild Leader talks to the Secret Room Manager NPC.
Upon entry to the room, all buffs are dispelled, and all parties of the participating members are removed.
Once your group arrives inside the room, you can reform parties and rebuff each other.
If a player (who isn’t a guild leader) dies during the fight, they will spawn next to their respective Secret Room Manager.
The manager will allow then to re-enter the event. The player will be teleported to their guild leader automatically.

How does it work

There are TWO Secret Room NPCs. One next to the bank in Flarine (East) and one next to the bank in Darkon (West). These operate as two independent secret room sieges. For example, the guilds registered in the east room do not compete against the guilds registered in the west room. Only against the other guilds in their respective room. The siege is also instanced, meaning that even though every registered guild is doing it at the same time, you will only be with your own guild. However you will be able to see the progress of the other guilds on the left side of your screen.

Time Schedule

All times are in PST (GMT-8)
Sunday: 12:00PM - Application window ends. The guilds with the top 8 bids will be eligible for entry. Guild Leaders should proceed to register their 10 participating members.
Sunday: 1:00PM - Registration time ends, each guild should enter their respective rooms.
Sunday: 1:10PM - Combat begins.
Sunday: 3:10PM - Combat Ends.

Rewards

Weapons, Sets, Cards or something to Upgrade our eq.

Win/Loss Conditions
The following conditions will result in a guild winning or losing the event.

Winning

Defeat the final boss within the 2 hour time limit, AND before any other guild you are competing against.

Leanna
28th February 2014, 03:56 PM
+1

But I think it'll bug and glitch a lot

Pandy
28th February 2014, 03:59 PM
They should ask to some other private server, how they do to not get bugged, since I seen this event in other server already :S

Even though dont need to be Secret Room, can be another kind of PVE competition, in case SR couldn't be added

ranzer
28th February 2014, 04:02 PM
a really good suggestion , +1

HIERKOMMICH
28th February 2014, 04:20 PM
+111 for it like it

freesky
28th February 2014, 04:27 PM
this was available wayyy back in the day i remeber you could make 2 bil with ease( back when 20 perins actually ment something)
so yeah +1 i miss this system

Yoon
28th February 2014, 04:33 PM
+1 was this the same event form eflyff where the reward was FWC Sets? or no because it has rooms :)

just saying, very good idea though! :)

kazilius
28th February 2014, 05:10 PM
nvm I'm dumb

+1

Yoon
28th February 2014, 05:13 PM
why not same time with siege? or 2hrs earlier :)

Twinkle
28th February 2014, 05:39 PM
Sounds like fun, +1

Vertace
28th February 2014, 06:18 PM
Good idea, this makes the boring part a bit more lively. /yummy

NobodyEpic
28th February 2014, 06:45 PM
well they should first rebalance and fix battlefield and then yea why not :D sounds fun tho xD
+1

Kalessi
28th February 2014, 07:21 PM
why not same time with siege? or 2hrs earlier :)

No, the timing works well. East Coast people who have work or school cannot do siege since it's so early in the day. Siege (the only thing worth doing after a certain point) only caters to jobless/school less (or people who work their schedule around that, but we know how rare that is) people, or people in other parts of the world.

Us Americans with jobs/school also want something to do. /anger

+1

Cryptic
28th February 2014, 07:51 PM
+1; I would be more than happy to have a PvE competition, because the only thing that PvE'ers have right now is farming.

Leanna
28th February 2014, 10:40 PM
+1 was this the same event form eflyff where the reward was FWC Sets? or no because it has rooms :)

FlyFF World Championships and Secret Room are two different things

Pandy
1st March 2014, 12:37 AM
I remember the flyff is based on PVE. PVP mode were added later to make something different in game.

Cryptic
1st March 2014, 12:47 AM

FWC was a large scale pvp tournament, so it would be different.

kazilius
1st March 2014, 01:02 AM
No, the timing works well. East Coast people who have work or school cannot do siege since it's so early in the day. Siege (the only thing worth doing after a certain point) only caters to jobless/school less (or people who work their schedule around that, but we know how rare that is) people, or people in other parts of the world.

Us Americans with jobs/school also want something to do. /anger

+1

Yeah, like there is TONS of people who are in school/work on saturday at 1PM. Just to notice you, siege is around 10 or 11AM GMT-8. That wouldn't change anything.

Leanna
1st March 2014, 08:15 AM
It also requires class re-balance, otherwise, it will be dominated by Arcanists and Seraphs...

berriie
1st March 2014, 08:26 AM
+1 for this

orcon
1st March 2014, 10:00 AM
great idea and you should put a level cap in there to so new players that join out of curiousity dont die and loose their experience

and alo may make 2 secret rooms 1 for guild competions and 1 for solo/party with unique drops such as insanity balloons or red chip boxes or special drop cloaks of a new make with very unique stats like the 200 ip cloaks possibly better or slightly lower stats than them tho just an idea

bryanjj
2nd March 2014, 04:23 PM
this would be a good idea +1

Pandy
14th March 2014, 06:58 PM
Bump.

Dentistry
16th March 2014, 12:52 PM
+1 best suggestion ever!

seph
17th March 2014, 05:38 PM
PVE Competition aka Seraph with the Highest Merkaba DoT /tongue

GForce
15th May 2014, 09:27 AM
+1 got my vote

juNkz
15th May 2014, 10:42 AM
Hell yea, Intrested suggestion +1 from me!

ObbyDelirious
22nd May 2014, 11:53 AM
+1 if it's open to more classes (read: remove the damn block rate off bosses)

unangdugo
22nd May 2014, 01:01 PM
make it guild battle royal so even bp can participate the one that i use to play the guild battle royal you have to attack the base of other guild and the one that has there base left the one who win

Gabsie
22nd May 2014, 02:17 PM
+1 loved this interface :>

CaptainFlaps
22nd May 2014, 02:28 PM
make it guild battle royal so even bp can participate the one that i use to play the guild battle royal you have to attack the base of other guild and the one that has there base left the one who win

I did not understand anything from what you just said.

Anyways, + 1 to this. They should implement this after the PvE balancing since it's still broken.

Korejwo
22nd May 2014, 08:15 PM
Fix current bugs and exploits first.

Lexxie
22nd May 2014, 08:34 PM
I would like to have on Insanity server something like Secret Room, to make competition. This server is getting bored since the only we can do is siege and do not many guilds apply, and farming to improve eq for playing in arena?
So I was thinking why not make like Secret room or Guild Battle Royal?

I hope this can be added :)

Example Secret Room:

* Guilds must be at least level 20 to enter the bidding competition to enter the Secret Rooms. Make sure the Guild Leader talks to the Secret Room Manager NPC.
There are 2 NPCs, who are located in Flaris and Darken. The NPC in Flaris manages the East Secret Room, and the NPC in Darken manages the West Secret Room. Guilds can only bid on one room at a time.
Guilds must bid for entry, with 100,000,000 penya being the minimum bid required.
The top eight guilds with the highest bids can enter the Secret Rooms only on Sundays (see schedule below).
Only 10 members, from each of the highest bidding guilds, can actually enter the Secret Rooms—so choose them wisely. Again, make sure the Guild Leader talks to the Secret Room Manager NPC.
Upon entry to the room, all buffs are dispelled, and all parties of the participating members are removed.
Once your group arrives inside the room, you can reform parties and rebuff each other.
If a player (who isn’t a guild leader) dies during the fight, they will spawn next to their respective Secret Room Manager.
The manager will allow then to re-enter the event. The player will be teleported to their guild leader automatically.

How does it work

There are TWO Secret Room NPCs. One next to the bank in Flarine (East) and one next to the bank in Darkon (West). These operate as two independent secret room sieges. For example, the guilds registered in the east room do not compete against the guilds registered in the west room. Only against the other guilds in their respective room. The siege is also instanced, meaning that even though every registered guild is doing it at the same time, you will only be with your own guild. However you will be able to see the progress of the other guilds on the left side of your screen.

Time Schedule

All times are in PST (GMT-8)
Sunday: 12:00PM - Application window ends. The guilds with the top 8 bids will be eligible for entry. Guild Leaders should proceed to register their 10 participating members.
Sunday: 1:00PM - Registration time ends, each guild should enter their respective rooms.
Sunday: 1:10PM - Combat begins.
Sunday: 3:10PM - Combat Ends.

Rewards

Weapons, Sets, Cards or something to Upgrade our eq.

Win/Loss Conditions
The following conditions will result in a guild winning or losing the event.

Winning

Defeat the final boss within the 2 hour time limit, AND before any other guild you are competing against.

Too many fuckin no lifers will farm the gear within a few days and dupe it anyways, so there's no point in getting weapons/sets as rewards.

Dhee
22nd May 2014, 08:40 PM
+1 for u pro's
-1 for us haha!

Haruna
30th May 2014, 12:29 AM
me likes alot, but for people in the EU region, the -8 time mentioned in the topic is not really do-able so maybe also make a EU server so there are EU members who can compete there?

if it is -8, then that means that at this time (0:28am at the netherlands) would mean 14:28 US time.... not really do-able for alot of EU people so a EU server is welcome to :3

Hells
18th April 2015, 10:56 PM
ok maybe when we have time to code it :)