PDA

View Full Version : [Siege] Remove guild lead's extra points

Racc
27th October 2017, 09:31 AM
Hey guys,

i'd like to suggest to remove the extra point for a kill by the guild lead. You normally get 2 points per kill in siege. Guild leads get 1 extra point per kill. You can get another extra point if you kill another guild's defender and a 5th point if you're in your last life. The extra points from killing a defender and being in last life don't matter much, however the extra point for the guild lead often give us a false picture of who did best in a siege, because in many sieges the MvP is the person who had the lead and not the person who did the most kills. So without the 1 extra point per kill for a lead, the result of siege would much better show who did best in siege. I can't think of a reason why the kills from a guild lead should be worth more than the kill from someone else. In the end only the players who were the lead of a guild have a chance to MvP anyway.

Feedback welcome!

~ Racc

Zirkor
27th October 2017, 11:11 AM
I didn't participate in siege on this server yet but I did in the past. When I participated in siege the "best" pvp player of the guild became the lead for the duration of guild siege since he usually got the most points. If he had no lives left or a bad day the leader just switched to the 2nd best guild member. But as you already stated I see no point why a guild leader should get more points than regular guild members. Espacially if somebody's that good at siege he should be able to become MvP without the need of one extra point for each kill just because he is the leader.

I think it's a good idea, the MvP should be the someone with the best performance/strategy/whatever and not the one who got +x points due to being the guild leader. (<- not saying the MvPs nowadays can only achieve it with being leader, didn't pay much attention to siege so far)

+1 from me.

Kles
27th October 2017, 12:52 PM
+1 AF i would also remove last life and killing defender bonus points rip 'pvp gods' /ridicule

Pandy
27th October 2017, 12:55 PM
Hey guys,

i'd like to suggest to remove the extra point for a kill by the guild lead. You normally get 2 points per kill in siege. Guild leads get 1 extra point per kill. You can get another extra point if you kill another guild's defender and a 5th point if you're in your last life. The extra points from killing a defender and being in last life don't matter much, however the extra point for the guild lead often give us a false picture of who did best in a siege, because in many sieges the MvP is the person who had the lead and not the person who did the most kills. So without the 1 extra point per kill for a lead, the result of siege would much better show who did best in siege. I can't think of a reason why the kills from a guild lead should be worth more than the kill from someone else. In the end only the players who were the lead of a guild have a chance to MvP anyway.

Feedback welcome!

~ Racc
+1

+1 AF i would also remove last life and killing defender bonus points rip 'pvp gods' /ridicule

+1

Red
27th October 2017, 01:27 PM
+1, I don't siege but I can't see a single point in giving an additional point to the leader.

Melodious
27th October 2017, 01:30 PM
+1 and that's all I have to say

javskies
27th October 2017, 01:39 PM
plus 1 for this, especialy in my side im the only one sieger in my guild.

Make 2 points every kill for both GL,Defender and member.

Uranos
27th October 2017, 01:41 PM
+1 ez

Yousername
27th October 2017, 02:53 PM
You're making an interesting point /ridicule

Optics
27th October 2017, 03:05 PM
As someone who used to siege, and sometimes be a defender, I totally agree with this point. When I was killed by the other guilds once in a while, they got a ridiculous amount of points.

Therefore, I +1 this.

Beasty
27th October 2017, 07:14 PM
+1

ez as that

Gemineye
27th October 2017, 10:38 PM
http://forums.insanityflyff.com/showthread.php?15185-Guild-Lead-system-change

While Im all for this, you previously suggested something like this then agreed to me when I went on about these extra points received, Josh said he would try to work on this in the future... but we basically know what that means.. but it is in the Maybe section :D

but +1 again my dood

RECAP

"+1 But I think the extra points still should be taken out, kind of makes it more even for everyone participating in the guild. Cant count the number of times I have had way more kills than the MVP and still had 20 less points. MVP shouldn't be based on who has a certain role, should be fair to all players. And this also helps the problem of Solo siegers having the MVP most of the time, since there is a lot more for them to kill and they will always have lead and not pass it around. Just think its dumb that obtaining MVP requires a role in the guild. +1 to the idea of allowing Kingpins to sign-up for siege, but I think that the extra points obtained should be taken out /hit "

"Consider this part of my suggestion"

"Moved to maybe for now, as I'm working with this soon."

Gabsie
28th October 2017, 03:01 AM
+1 for sure!

pedrossilva
30th October 2017, 08:28 PM
+1

Makes total sense to me :)

vstronosh
31st October 2017, 01:06 AM
+1 cause Shaun deserves to MVP without lead

Gemineye
3rd November 2017, 09:49 PM

2 kill difference, 22 point difference.

And they say points matter /derp

Hikkari
3rd November 2017, 11:28 PM
+1 :]

Slurpee
4th November 2017, 04:12 AM
up up +1

Beasty
4th November 2017, 09:46 AM

2 kill difference, 22 point difference.

And they say points matter /derp

That's why they should remove the guild lead extra points.
And it's kind of a unanimous vote.

Without it it's going to be much more fun, closer sieges, no more MVP with 100+ points and the others only 20-40 points.

/puppyeyes

Brookee
4th November 2017, 02:42 PM
javskies

Pandy
4th November 2017, 03:32 PM
javskies ikaw na ����

Use english and stay on topic please.

Shiro
4th November 2017, 04:29 PM
Even though I don't siege yet, I have many years of siege history behind me, never seen this idea suggested or implemented anywhere before, but I think it would be great to make guild siege's MVP status fair play for all contenders. MVP should go to the real MVP.

+1

Racc
15th November 2017, 10:22 PM
So is there ever going to be an official statement on this?

OneZ
15th November 2017, 10:58 PM
So is there ever going to be an official statement on this?

Yes, Will be implemented in flyff HD.

MadHatter
22nd November 2017, 09:57 PM
Has been implemented on test server and will be included in the next patch to live later this week.